Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
An unforgettable experience with a guide par excellence Carlos Damasceno

Booked entire tour for family of 3 adults & 2 kids online from india via tripadvisor & it turned... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2018
Hemanshu B
via mobile
Amazon trip

Just week ago come back from Brasil.4 of as took tour from Carlos !it was amasing trip.Carlos... read more

Reviewed October 27, 2018
juratezmuidzinaite
Vilnius, Lithuania
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Manaus
from $300.99
from $400.00
from $100.00
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews pink dolphins his team water lilies rio negro day trip tour guide floating restaurant carlos ritual alligators tribe jaguar meals pier boat meeting adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

I would like to thank Carlos and his team for giving me an amazing experience in the Amazon.
When I first contacted Carlos about a river tour he said that so far there was no one else scheduled for my dates, but if no one else scheduled for my dates he would put something together for me, like a stay in a jungle lodge with day trips. He was very committed to providing me a great experience in the Amazon.
About a week later he contacted me to let me know that a couple of other people had booked a 4 day river cruise and would be happy for me to join them.
When I arrived at the airport his friend Joseph was there to pick me up and take me to a hotel he had arranged for me near the riverfront.
The next day we left for what was an amazing experience with a visit to the "meeting of the waters" , then we did a jungle walk where we saw alligators, monkeys and birds. Went on many canoe rides where we saw many birds, sloths and monkeys (to which we fed bananas ). And a night canoe ride where Carlos caught alligators with his bare hands (I held one in my own hands ) . We visited a native village where they demonstrated some of their dances, we even got to dance with them. Then one of the tribesmen led us on a jungle walk and showed us how the people live off the jungle. We even got to try eating ants. We went piranha fishing (everyone caught at least one ), then we ate them for lunch (very tasty ). Swimming with pink dolphins so much fun. And many more great experiences.
Sleeping in hammocks was very comfortable and there were a lot fewer bugs than expected. The food was amazing and plentiful. The boat team did a great job and were very friendly.
Carlos was a wealth of information from his many years in the jungle. The tour was well worth the money, I highly recommend it, a trip of a lifetime.

Thank you Carlos and the whole team.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Stephen J
Amazontoursb, Owner at Amazon Tours Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you very for your kind review my friend, I really enjoyed it. We want to say that my crew and I got very happy to have you with us, the tour was fantastic with you and the other guests, thank you very nice.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Hello guys!
I am writing this review in hopes that anybody out there who want to visit the Amazon and everything that that entails, hire Carlos the Jaguar!
Carlos made the experience magical, for lack of a better word.
From personally picking us up at the airport in Manaus to taking us on a adventure of a life time. We did a three day trip on a boat on which you lived and slept on for the duration of the trip.
Carlos, with his like 15 years of experience of the Amazon, took us deep in to the jungle. Showing us different animals, traps, survival techniques and much more.
We went to a local tribe, swam with dolphins, saw Carlos catching crocodiles with his bare hands, fished for pirranhas and much more.

We strongly recommend hiring Carlos if you plan on experiencing the Amazon.
Thank you Carlos for giving us memories and adventures of a life time!

Best regards from Sweden

Patrik Barej & Emmeli Edvardsson

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank barej2002
Amazontoursb, Owner at Amazon Tours Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2017

Thank you very much Sir, for your wonderful review about me and my tour. I'm very happy you have enjoyed our trip. In my name and in the name of my crew I thank you so much for every word. My aim is to offer our visitors a nice and amazing staying in the Amazon so that you can appreciate the wonders of the fascinating Amazon Rainforest. So, one more time I thank you very much for enjoying our Jungle Trip in the Amazon.

Carlos

Reviewed January 24, 2017

We had a wonderful time on our 5 day 4 night jungle cruise. Carlos provided unforgettable memories including fishing for piranha, swimming with the pink dolphins and viewing the meeting of the waters. After the meeting of the waters our tour stayed on the Rio Negro. Carlos was flexible enough to allow our family to climb trees during the canoe trips and to stop during the walks and canoe rides while all 6 of us took turns watching wildlife with our binoculars. Our group consisted of 6 people, (2 parents and 4 kids ranging in age from 8-22). Our family had the entire top deck of the boat to ourselves. We slept in hammocks and the mosquitoes were not as bad as I had feared. We had enough room to be able to sit on the deck chairs and watch the scenery go by as we traveled from one site to another. The food was plentiful and tasty and Carlos was very knowledgeable about the jungle plants and history of the area. Everything from our airport transfer to helping us to the pier was easy. I would definitely recommend this tour operator for anyone wanting to explore the Amazon and see more areas than you would staying in a resort.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We took a 5 day boat trip for just the two of us in May and it was a great experience.

Firstly, the hotel used in Manaus before and after the trip is not very good. I'd change it to something a little better. Also, Carlos arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport and the fee was higher than a regular taxi, so beware of that.

We were a little wary when Carlos came to collect us on the first morning. Because he was unwell, he had arranged for another guide, Admailson to accompany us. I had no need to worry as it turned out his English and guide skills were excellent and we were in great hands.

Once on the boat, the facilities are very simple but we had the whole upper deck to ourselves which just had our hammocks for sleeping and a table and chairs. There are electricity points for charging things when the generator is on in the evening,

The tour was amazing with so many highlights. Sloths are my new favourite animal, the monkeys are everywhere! We were shown piranha fishing, and searched for alligators at dusk. The scenery was just spectacular, the sky and stars amazing as there is no other lights or people around. We went a couple of days without seeing other tourists.

We got to swim with the pink dolphins, watch the birds fly and visit a local tribe who gave us a demonstration of the local culture which was very interesting and fun.

The boat crew were excellent and the food was splendid and easily accommodated our vegetarianism. The chef did a terrific job of varying the limited food supplies that are on board.

There is a shower for a quick splash in cool water which was welcome as the days were hot.

Sleeping in a hammock is certainly a great experience. The tranquility of the Amazon is hard to beat.

Overall, this was a once in a lifetime trip. I did think the cost was a little high for two people but ultimately we has the whole boat and a crew to ourselves and virtually everything was included.

Thanks to Admailson for being a wonderful guide.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Planning and execution is the hallmark of this trip. Three days loaded with activities and you will not realize how time flies.

Date of experience: August 2016