The lodge is located 30 minutes or so from the Manaus airport by car and then boat. The hotel was great at arranging to have someone pick us up from the airport and deliver us to the hotel. Upon check in you are handed a specialty cocktail and shown to your room. Staff was super friendly and did their best to communicate with you. We didn't speak Portuguese, but we do speak Spanish which was very helpful for those who didn't know any English. The rooms are decorated in theme with the atmosphere. They are pretty basic, but have a refrigerator and a/c unit. You don't expect to spend a lot of time when you are in the jungle in your room so it did the job.
The tours they have are pretty interesting (Enrique was a great guide!), but staying here longer than 2 or 3 days max would be a little much. The heat is sweltering and during times where there are no tours and its "rest and relax time" everyone is laying around the lobby/bar area napping and sweating like dogs on a hot summer day. The hotel has wifi in the lobby area only (it did manage to extend to the beach chairs though, just wasn't as strong/reliable).
Tip - bring snacks with you to the Amazon. The only food you can get your hands on are either the lunches set up with the tours or the breakfast/lunch/dinner provided by the hotel at set and limited times (the food isn't that varied either so you sort of feel like you are eating the same thing for every meal even though it all tasted fine). They have some food you can get all day at the bar but its a very limited selection and if you want something to snack on besides Pringles you won't find it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a jungle lodge near Manaus in the Amazon, with 64 bungalows, surrounded by pristine rivers and nature. has a private beach, natural swimming pools and Monkey Sanctuary among other features. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecopark Hotel Amazon River
- Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge Manaus, AM, Brazil