Simple, no frills accommodation, good guided tours.
This jungel lodge, accessible by boat only, provides just the bare minimum. If you like to wash your hair, bring you own shampoo or do not bother at all, since the shower's water flow is best described as a trickle anyway. You can also buy shampoo at the shop, the, it seesm, only air conditioned room out there.
The cabins are spread out over quite an area and the climate is very humid, so be prepared for long walks to and from the reception and/or restaurant area (both basically open air). At night, they warn you to beware of snakes along your way back to your cabin.
The rooms are not equipped with TV but the excursion program is quite good and interesting.
There is a nightly boat reide to spot caymans (not recommendable to take when the river is high, i., e. June/July), a jungel walk (starts right behind the last cabin), the "meetign of the waters" where the black water of the Rio Negro joins another river to form the Amazon and the two do not merge for anothere 7 miles, the monkey forest where you can watfch wild monkeys (well, they have domesticated the humans a bit to bring them fruits every day), a boat ride to a native place (opportunity to buy local souvenirs...) where they have anacondas and the like, fish for piranhas and where they demosntrate how the caoutchouk used (and still is?) to be colelcted and more.
the good thing about the Rio negro is that there are almost no mosquitoes as the river's wters are too acid for them to reproduce.
Alltogether a simple but memorable esperience. Staff there are very helpful and knowledgeble.
They have a "natural" pool (=river water)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a jungle lodge near Manaus in the Amazon, with 64 bungalows, surrounded by pristine rivers and nature. has a private beach, natural swimming pools and Monkey Sanctuary among other features. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecopark Hotel Amazon River
- Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge Manaus, AM, Brazil