“A brilliant and unforgettable tour”

Amazon EcoDiscoveries
Ranked #34 of 79 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Day tours to the meeting of the waters, Januari lake, Negro river, Anavilhanas Archipelago. We are going to observe monkeys, sloths, birds, swim with dolphins, fish for Piranha and Pirarucu, spot alligators, visit indigenous tribe and lots more...
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a once-in-a-life-time trip made by the fantastic, knowledgeable and charismatic tour guide, Rubens. I chose Amazon Eco Discovery tours due to the glowing reviews received on Tripadvisor and I was not to be disappointed. As mentioned in previous reviews, Rubens is not only a great person but his understanding of the jungle and ability to find wildlife are unrivaled. He has previously helped to guide wildlife documentary teams (including 2 BBC documentaries) and has an obvious passion and insight about the Amazon. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough...as Rubens would say "risk it for a biscuit!"

1  Thank G_Adelman
"jungle hike"
"local guide"
"fruit"

Reviewed May 21, 2013

To be guided by Ruben is plenty of fun!
He not only took a lot of care of us, he also knows everything that is to know about the jungle!
I stayed with my girlfriend for five days in the Amazon. Every day we learned something new and if we ever had questions or needed help, he was there!
Plus, his English knowledge are excellent!
So if you are looking for a tour guide in the Amazon... he's your choice!

All the best to you, for your business and your personal life!

Benni and Sarah

1  Thank Benni_321
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Last year we had an unforgettable trip for one week together with my friend in the jungle. With our guide Rubens and his amazing team it was one of the best trips in my life. We saw a wonderful nature. Rubens gave us the possibility to have contact to the native and he even made it possible that we could join a native soccer game. Goals made of wood... That was fun and all the people welcomed you as you would belong to their family.
It is worse that the guide has such good contacts and we didn't feel like tourists at all. We come upon the jungle how it is in reality. It was just a great and relaxed atmosphere. Without stress we discovered the jungle in the boat and also by hiking tours. Just a great adventure!
Travelling once with Robens to the Jungle and I also met a very special person... the jungle fever is still there and I feel like it will never end :-)

Thanks Robens!!! Next year there is the FIFA World Championships - also in Manaus - and we will come back as we promised you!!! We are still laughing about your wonderful rhymes! We are missing the great time!

1  Thank Flippsen
Reviewed April 3, 2013

It gives me great pleasure to write a review for Ruben and his tour guide. We went for a four day trip to the Amazon and saw some wonderful things.

From catching, Piranhas, sending Jungle Junior (his sidekick) up a tree to bring a sloth down, eating Cayman we had the total experience and wouldn't have swapped Ruben for anyone.

He was patient, knowledgable and an overall great guy who knew the Amazon like the back of his hand and could answer any question we had.

If I ever knew anyone that was going to the Amazon I would have no reservation in recommending Ruben.

Obrigado!!!