We stayed here for one night pior to a cruise, with great trepidation based on some of the terrible reviews on this site. We are bird watchers and were attracted by the extensive grounds.
Overall, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was large, immaculately clean and very well equipped apart from the safety deposit box, which looked as if it hadn't worked any time this century, or maybe last. We like grand old hotels and this fitted the description. It was a little run down but not seriously so and the grounds are magnificent, We avoided the zoo but saw lots of birds and some monkeys.
All the staff we encoutered were friendly and quite efficient and the food in the coffee shop was quite good (the restaurant was closed the night we were there). Breakfast buffet contained local dishes that were intresting and tasty. The coffee (this being Brazil) was excellent. For some odd reason you cannot buy a glass of wine; you have to buy a whole bottle.
It is a half hour cab ride into the city, but only about 15 minutes from the airport, Taxi service at the airport is excellent in a modern air conditioned car, and a fraction of what your cruise company will charge for a transfer, probably in a mini van with several other people. From the hotel to town or the ship is more of a hassle because the drivers are reluctant to take only two people. Standard fare for any distance seems to be 60 Reals (about $25) to anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tropical Manaus, a luxury Brazil vacation eco-resort located in the gateway to the majestic Amazon rainforest. An unforgettable experience, Tropical Manaus offers state of the art technology and luxurious accommodations with the magnificence of the rainforest as a backdrop. Experience the exoticism of the Amazon Jungle while enjoying total comfort. Tropical Manaus offers a world class guest experience for hotels in Brazil by placing you right in the Amazon rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropical Manaus Ecoresort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Manaus Hotel Manaus
- Manaus Tropical Hotel
- Tropical Hotel Manaus
- Hotel Tropical Manaus
- Tropical Manaus Ecoresort AM, Brazil