Tropical Manaus, just outside Manaus, Brazil February 2013
• Sprawling area (several acres); building has only 3 floors and lots of room to roam, especially if you like to hike. [ next door is the Parkside Hotel, a typical high-rise with a more modern style. Boring. ]
• Mini zoo with rescued animals, some of which you will never see in the wild: jaguars, spider monkeys, parrots, . . .
• Large rooms; excellent breakfast buffet with a huge variety of food.
• Convenient dock area for Amazon river cruises
• Pleasant pool / waterfall / clean
• Helpful desk clerks give accurate directions, especially for independent tourists who do not travel in groups.
• Courtyard with many shops, some touristy and others for necessities
• 10 min. walk from bus stops, new beach area, and ice cream vendors; tasty fast food if hotel cuisine is not available
• Somewhat monastic décor, dark wood, and a long walk to your room. Great exercise unless you’re in a hurry
• Older hotel that shows a bit of wear and tear, but clean
Most hotel guests arrive for a single night’s stay to catch a cruise or take a tour in or near Manaus. Our stay was for 3 nights after a 6 day river cruise via the Amazon Clipper Cruises company (highly recommended). Exploring the city on foot is far more enjoyable than a quick taxi run through town.More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included