Amazon Eco Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 79 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Swimming with Pink River Dolphins, Day tours, River Cruise, Jungle Expedition,Jungle lodge, Extreme Adventures, Panoramic Flight, Receptive Service, Film Production
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Damien was very accommodating. First there were going to be two of us, then there were going to be four of us, and in the end, there were two of us. With a quick shrug of the shoulder, we were off to the small but speedy boat and our guide and boat driver. in less than 8 hours, we saw, the meeting of the waters, "fished" for Piracu,. saw a floating village, complete with school and palm trees, visited a family and held a sloth, and a cayman, touched a Boa, saw an Anaconda, saw the giant lily pads, had an excellent lunch,"swam with the pink dolphins", were entertained by native indians in their village center (danced with them too!) and returned to the ship in a torrential downpour, complete with the loudest thunder I have ever heard! ( You might want to skip that last part, but it is the "rain forest"! Very good value for money!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I did a day-and-half jungle tour. Pedro, who co-founded the tour company and who drove me, was very nice. Luisivaldo, our jungle tour guide, was fantastic. Having grown up there himself and having worked plantains, he was perfect for the job. He is also very spirited and had a great attitude.

The food was great, as they have a chef on staff at the lodge. The rooms have showers and the accommodations are fine overall.

It wasn't until we went to the Meeting of the Waters that I realized how great a value it was. I was some other sites with day tours to the Meeting of the Waters for around $200 USD. My whole tour, which included that and so much more, ended up costing less than that.

3  Thank Juan P
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent with Lucivaldo, Damion and owner of this agency Pedro almost ten days and saw everything they could offer us. Well, at first we have to describe their relationship to us as a hundred (and little bit more) percent friendly. They have knowledge and will to do this job as much as is possibly good. Today, after our return home, we can say that our time in Amasonia couldn't be better. It is true, they simply couldn't give us more. But, if somebody doesn't believe to our review, we have to be realistic and say something about great danger and pressure whole time of our visit. Therefore, Pedro is a perfect host and his "kichen's table" is always full of the best food, especially fish but also other kinds, and you need so much discipline to refuse all of that and save your heart of too much calories. If you would beleive us and be in touch with this extraordinary agency Amazon Eco Adventures, we certainly advice to try domestic speciality "tacaca", Pedro does like it very much. Still something about our trips; we have visited almost all around Manaus. The most impressive visit was to Leo's family and his famous tree in jungle. Just ask to Pedro about Leo and "climbing tree" trip and your satisfaction would be complete. Also, two-days trip to Mamori region stayed to us in the best memory. Swimming with dolphins, walking through jungle, Presidente Figeiredo region with waterfalls and caves, village of indigenous people and their dance, meeting of waters, and, of course, very interesting city tour - that's all we can advice, too. Also, Teatro Amazonas is quite excellent chance to listen classical concert, as we did last evening before return home. If you stay in the center of jungle as we were, impression would be much stronger with Tschaikowsky or Mozart in this splendid theatre and their excellent philharmonic orchestra. If Pedro and his boys will read this review, we thank to them heartly from very far Croatia (we have one meter of snow, now), and promise to think about seven days trip on his big boat in jungle (fishing, eating, cooking, drinking, etc.). To others, be in contact with them, surely. Our advice is own experience. Boris@Drazenka, Zagreb, Croatia

1  Thank BORISL618
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had a day to kill before I went on an extended jungle tour so I contacted Amazon Eco Adventures for a one day excursion. It included the meeting of the waters, a short hike, swimming with dolphins and a visit to a local village.

The whole trip felt very relaxed, and Pedro was very helpful with helping us understand what we were seeing. After the trip, he also gave us some tips around Manaus.

Overall I recommend Amazon Eco Adventures..! I'm sure you'll have a great time with them.

1  Thank Nachzeher
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Pedro is not only the best tour guide, but also an amazing and polite person...
He just not showed my parents in law a amazing time through the Amazon river, but also gave them a special treatment and went beyond a normal "costumer service" relation...
I hardly recommend it!!!