“an amazing journey...”

Amazon Antonio Jungle Tours - Day Tour
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My tours and stay at the lodge where probably one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I had a three nights/four day tour and stayed an extra night afterwards.

My room had an ensuite and a lovely amazon scene painted on the wall. I ate so much but it was hard not to with freshly cooked fish, chicken to die for, fresh fruit and vegetables.

The guides always had a smile, a wealth of knowledge and a huge amount of experience.

Antonio and his staff became my family during my time in Brazil. (he has a very cute 2 year old daughter)

Recommend 100 percent....

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We went in february 2013. It is more than half a year ago, but the memories are fresh in my mind.
It was so peacefull to live in the middle of the jungle and fantastic to listen to the sounds of the animals.
We went 4 days, 3 nights. It was fantastic!
We felt safe and the booking and Pick up in the airport went smoothly.
Antonio and hos team are super Proffesional and they Care for the jungle.
I highly recommend it.
Antonio (and Chris) Thanks for a great experience!

The Danes

1  Thank DanishFemaleExplorer
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went with some friends to Antonio's Jungle Tours. Antonio was very fast with responding to our questions when booking. We were picked up from the airport as part of the tour by a very nice driver. We couldn't speak any Portuguese but the driver was very friendly with us. The driver also pointed out a few places we could eat that first day. We were picked up on time the next morning and we off on our adventure. The people that were in the vehicle and boat with us were great. Another great thing about tour groups is meeting the other people! We took a van and then a boat to Antonio's beautiful camp. The food was amazing at the camp. We were all so full after each meal. We saw dolphins, caught fish, went swimming, hiking, slept in hammocks and even saw a local farming family

We had an amazing time and are all very happy we chose Antonio's Tours.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you want to see monkeys at your breakfast, swim with dolphins and think piranhas will jump into your boat and straight onto the bbq, think again.
If you expect to find wild animals everywhere, want to be smothered with luxury and sit quietly all day, just don't go to the Amazon.
But if you want a once in a lifetime experience of the rainforest, feel nature in its beauty and its sometimes rough edges and have a great place to do this, go with Antonio! The experience of the Amazon is amazing: we went for 6 days and 5 nights and loved it!
Antonio is really flexible and nice and wants to make sure your trip fits what you want the most. We asked him to change things around a little, so we would have a day of relaxing in his lodge before we would really join the tour and he was more than willing to help. So we stayed one day at the lodge, swimming in the river, reading a book and enjoying the view. It was great! Then we joined the tour and went on jungle walks, piranha fishing (and really catching!), dolphin spotting, sleeping 2 nights in hammocks in the jungle, cayman spotting, meeting the local farmes / fishermen and more. It was a beautiful experience! Not so much to see a lot of animals (the forest is just to dense, so you mostly hear but don't see. If you want to see a lot of animals, go to the Pantanal, it's worth it!), but to get a real experience of the vastness and beauty that is the Amazon rainforest.
The lodge of Antonio is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are simple, but clean, the restaurant / bar is a good place to hang out and the viewing tower has great views and chairs to relax.
Our guide was José, a small man but with great heart and enormous knowledge of the jungle. He was very friendly, helping out the whole time, working hard for us and in the meanwhile teaching us about the jungle, its plants and its animals. The other guides seemed ok too, but we loved José!

1  Thank ArjanHelmantel
Reviewed August 11, 2013

So a friend of mine and I booked this pack in May of 2013 and loved it. The lodge was fantastic, very well maintained although simple. Their really aren't any bugs by the lodge, although I'd highly recommend bringing long sleeves and a hat in order to avoid the bugs when you go out on the excursions. Despite the fact that Antonio's website is simple it's a legit business and Antonio is very good about responding to email and things like that. I'd say the 3D/2N package would have also been a good deal just because the 4th day was sort of slow.

1  Thank cbtanner