“Why you should choose Antonios jungle tours”

Amazon Antonio Jungle Tours - Day Tour
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Please choose this place! They have the best guides. Everybody who works for Antonio is really kind, helpful and talented and they all speak good english. We had the best times with antonios jungle tours and we recommend it to everybody. And we also have to mention that the food is really great. We loved it all. Thank you!

We hope that everybody chooses Antonios jungle tours!

The Norwegians.

1  Thank Kaya130

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a great stay at Antonio's Lodge. Antonio was very helpful and flexible when we wanted to stay one night longer than planned. The lodge is very nice, basic but clean, the food very tasty. The jungle tour (one night in the jungle) was also great fun. We had a very committed and knowledgeable guide (James), who told us a lot about the local fauna and flora, showed us birds, monkeys and how to do piranha fishing (or better: feeding, because before you get the thing out of the water, it has already eaten your bait and is escaping), how to manufacture your own spoon and how to catch a caiman (well sort of). Nightly excursions on the river were also great and very peaceful. Wonderful atmosphere. I hope the lodge will stay as it is and not be extended with more accomodations and rooms.
For now: thank you Antonio, thank you James.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked online and Antonio was very helpful and prompt with any questions we had. We booked the 3 days, 4 nights tour and added on another day and night at the end to just hang out and relax. Great stay: we booked the lodge with private bathroom - basic and clean as expected, dedicated and committed guides (thank you again James!), great program: spear fishing, piranha fishing, dolphin and cayman watching, etc., amazing food (basic but amazing taste), great people!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

3 nights, 4 days in the Amazon jungle -- comfortable (in a lodge), relatively remote, a learning experience. Genuinely caring and interested staff; very stimulating, many activities (optional & flexible), basically never a dull moment! I particularly appreciated the staff recommendation for a 1-day river tour out of Manaus -- saw it all, personalized, without seeming "touristy". Couldn't have been better! Thank you Antonio!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked the 4 day 3 nights package with Antonio after our email correspondance about my wish as a single traveller to do the tour with other people. A couple of weeks before my trip I got an email to let me know there were others booked so I booked with Antonio and was looking forward to my trip.

All my expectations about the trip came true: it was well organized, our guide JJ (Jungle James) spoke English well and had a lot of knowledge about the jungle, and all staff was incredibly kind. I was picked up from the airport, and after a day in Manaus, my jungle tour began on monday. I met the others of the group and after a 3 hour bus trip we took a 1 hour tour on Rio Urubu to the lodge. The lodge is amazing: well built, nice atmosphere, nice rooms, and the food is amazing: 2 hot days a meal!

The activities are awesome: fishing, walking through the jungle, spotting birds and dolphins, just boating towards the sunset, looking for caimen at nights, visiting a local family...the night in the jungle was one of the best experiences of my life: going to sleep and waking up with the sounds of the jungle is amazing. The tempo of the tour is great: during the hottest moments of the day (12-15h) there is time to relax so that you have plenty of energy during the activities.

What I also liked was that our guide was really respectful towards the jungle. In november it's dry season so it's hard to spot animals since the waterlevel is lower and the treetops are therefore further away. He made an effort to spot the animals that were there, like tarantula, leguana's, frogs, etc. and we hid in a bush for 20 minutes hoping to lure monkeys to us. He never 'played' with the animals: he showed them when possible so we could take a picture but always quickly let them go back. I've heard in the hostel that there are guides from other companies that climb into trees to catch a monkey, and that seems awefull so I'm happy JJ always treated nature with respect. He knew a lot about the trees so we learned a lot about the jungle.

I can definetely recommed Antonio Jungle Tours: if I ever go back to the Amazone, they are my go to choice!

1  Thank Daphne_1982