“Trip of a life time!!”

Amazon Brasil Jungle Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Amazon Brasil Jungle Tours. Tours designed to explore the Amazon Rainforest in its Authentic way. Amazon Jungle Tours or Amazon River Cruise. Choose your Amazon Tour and be part of this Fantastic Jungle Experience.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I just returned from Brazil and had an amazing time. I went with 4 friends and booked a 4 night/3 day tour. I chose this tour company because of the excellent reviews and the cost. I emailed the tour company and David responded swiftly. He was very helpful and answered all my questions.

Note: You need to arrange your cash for the trip and give this to David when he meets you at the Airport.

When we arrived at the Airport David greeted us with Mathius (our tour guide). David introduced us to Mathius and left us in his capable hands. We had a long journey to the Amazon (Car, boat, car and then speed boat) There was a lot of travelling, but there were no delays and everything was on time. I cannot fault the transfers.

When we finally arrived at the Lodge it was like being on the discovery channel. We were in the middle of the jungle! I have to say that this trip is not for the faint hearted and ladies, if you like luxury then this might not be for you. The lodges are very basic with a bed(s) and that’s it. The beds have mosquito nets. There are many creepy crawlies in the room, but you are in the middle of the Amazon, so it is expected. The lodges have hammocks and some lodges have a view of the River Amazon. The rooms have their own shower and toilet. Beware that there is no hot water but I promise you, it is not as bad as it sounds. The cold water is very refreshing and is not as cold as you think.

The cost of the trip includes everything, from the rental of the lodge, tour and even the food and water. This was an excellent price for what was offered.
The food was lovely, home cooked and plenty to choose from. The meals were very filling and there was a lot of fresh fruit and salads.

Our guide (Mathius) was great, excellent English, clear and very informative. He was amazing – he knows his way around the Amazon River. The tour we booked was great! we saw the meeting of the waters, dolphin watching, hiked in the jungle -saw monkeys and tarantulas! We went Piranha fishing and we even paddled through the flooded forest. You also have the option of sleeping in the jungle – I decided to opt out on that… Yes, I was scared!

We went to the Amazon in March – wet season. Having read the reviews, I thought it would be best to go in the wet season, so that we can see the flooded forest. I was expecting it to rain every day but the first 2 days were very sunny and hot. The last two days it rained for a few hours and then was sunny again. We didn’t even use our raincoats in the Amazon.

- You have to take a lot of mozzie repellent. There are a lot of mosquitoes and got bitten a lot
- Take colourful clothing! Mozzies love black – 2 of my friends had black on and there were mozzies all over them – Even Mathius asked them if they had any colour clothes other then black.
- If you are a light sleeper then you might want to take some ear plugs with you. As you can imagine, you are in the middle of the Amazon. The wild life can be pretty loud.
- Take a waterproof camera just in case. We did use ours when it did start to rain. When it rained it rained hard
- Take waterproof hoodies – you will need them if you are caught out in the rain.
- Also, some people (my friend) can be very naïve and think that the Amazon has mobile phone reception. It doesn’t – so let your families know that you cannot be contacted until you get to the City.

Pro’s – Excellent for the price. Amazing tour, food, and guide. We saw the best parts of the Amazon.

- Although we had mineral water included in our package, unfortunately, it was not cold. After a hot day in the jungle, it would have been great for some really cold water.
- Also, I think that the mosquito nets need to be changed, as there are some rips. If you see some safety pins on the nets - that was me!

Overall I would recommend this tour company to my friends. It was amazing! You have to book with this company. You get so much more for your money!
Excellent customer services and they really take good care of you.

If I every return to the Amazon I will book with this tour company.

David/Mathius, I would like to thank you for your hospitality and making our holiday to the Amazon memorable! Thank you so much.

All reviews
"other guests"
"highlight of our trip"
"alligator spotting"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 3 reviews
"small group"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had planned to visit Brazil for at least 15 years, so I had done my research for this trip. I had heard there is a fair bit of competition for eco-lodges in and around Manaus, but I am very happy that I decided to go with Amazon Jungle Day Tours for a 4D/4N stay. It was an incredible experience that included a night camping outdoors in the jungle, piranha fishing, watching for pink dolphins, observing exotic birds, and most importantly (for me), interacting with the local people. I was there over the New Year, so I spent New Years Eve at a party at the local community church, which was an indescribable experience. By the end of my stay there, I really felt like I was almost a part of the community. I really want to go back there.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a great a tour. The lodgings were simple but clean and comfortable, and the staff were really friendly. The food was really tasty and it was nice that you could get caiprinhas and beers in the evening. The tour guide was good, and very knowledgeable and let us have input into what we wanted to do which was really good. David the guy who runs the operation is there to collect you on arrival and incredibly friendly and helps you to enjoy the tour and feel comfortable from the moment you land. I would definitely recommend this company.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent there 2D/1N only, however this happened to be my strongest experience. Very reliable organization, David does what he says and he is responsive. Plenty of good food. I saw iguana, piranhas, huge snake, parrots, macaws, dolphins, grey and pink, hunt caimans, met the sunrise, slept in the hamack in the jungle, played with tarantula, swam with piranhas, cocked my dinner, spent hours in speed boats, hippy busses from 1975, canoes... Incredible intensive experience for the 30h at very acceptable price. Plus the lodge is a great meeting place for singles and friends