“Experience of a lifetime!”

Amazon Brasil Jungle Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 79 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Amazon Brasil Jungle Tours. Tours designed to explore the Amazon Rainforest in its Authentic way. Amazon Jungle Tours or Amazon River Cruise. Choose your Amazon Tour and be part of this Fantastic Jungle Experience.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had planned to visit Brazil for at least 15 years, so I had done my research for this trip. I had heard there is a fair bit of competition for eco-lodges in and around Manaus, but I am very happy that I decided to go with Amazon Jungle Day Tours for a 4D/4N stay. It was an incredible experience that included a night camping outdoors in the jungle, piranha fishing, watching for pink dolphins, observing exotic birds, and most importantly (for me), interacting with the local people. I was there over the New Year, so I spent New Years Eve at a party at the local community church, which was an indescribable experience. By the end of my stay there, I really felt like I was almost a part of the community. I really want to go back there.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a great a tour. The lodgings were simple but clean and comfortable, and the staff were really friendly. The food was really tasty and it was nice that you could get caiprinhas and beers in the evening. The tour guide was good, and very knowledgeable and let us have input into what we wanted to do which was really good. David the guy who runs the operation is there to collect you on arrival and incredibly friendly and helps you to enjoy the tour and feel comfortable from the moment you land. I would definitely recommend this company.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent there 2D/1N only, however this happened to be my strongest experience. Very reliable organization, David does what he says and he is responsive. Plenty of good food. I saw iguana, piranhas, huge snake, parrots, macaws, dolphins, grey and pink, hunt caimans, met the sunrise, slept in the hamack in the jungle, played with tarantula, swam with piranhas, cocked my dinner, spent hours in speed boats, hippy busses from 1975, canoes... Incredible intensive experience for the 30h at very acceptable price. Plus the lodge is a great meeting place for singles and friends

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have to say this was a fantastic few days in the Amazon. We only had time to do the Alligator Package - 3 days and 2 nights but it was well worth it! The tour guide was very helpful, saw everything we wanted to see - highlights were the Piranha fishing and catching the Cayman. If you have more time, do a longer package!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We worked with David to organize our 5 day, 4 night trip into the jungle. David is very honest and easy to ask questions via email. We spent a lot of time planning our trip and comparing the different companies, since there are tons! From what we see, the main difference between the companies is the lodge that you stay in and tour group sizes. The activities and even the guides are very similar (our guide also worked with another company), but the lodge where you stay in the jungle will be different. The xx lodge is an amazing way to experience jungle life because it is more of a guesthouse where you are staying with a family that truly lives in the jungle. Everyday their daughter is picked up by a school boat and one morning they caught a wild bore that they will eat to celebrate their son's birthday.
We spent 3 nights at the lodge and one night in a hammock in the jungle. We felt as though one night was enough. If you really like sleeping in a hammock, you might enjoy more, but having a fan and on suite bathroom is always nice. The lodge itself is very basic, but exceeded our expectations. There is electricity most of the time (there were power outages when we were there) and a fan to cool you off in the room. The only downside is that there is no furniture in the room so there is little space to put your stuff, other than the floor. The food is plenty, but not much variety (fish, chicken, watermelon, rice, noodles, salad for lunch and dinner). However, you can't expect that much variety when it is so remote.
We liked working with David because we felt as though we were in smaller groups than other companies that we saw out in the jungle. We were transported out to the lodge by ourselves. Our group was never larger than 6 people. The only downside is that we were in a group with people who were on shorter trips, so our group changed around a bit. But we still managed to do all the activities listed in the itinerary, just not in the same order.
In February/March the mosquitoes are not that bad, but it rains everyday at some point. Usually for an hour or two. Most days our afternoon activity started with rain, so we were wet.

Things to bring: book to read in afternoon break, poncho or rain jacket (buy before port), water bottle, clothes line to hang clothes in room since no furniture, cushion to sit on boat.