“Uma delicia”
Review of Banzeiro

Banzeiro
Ranked #2 of 3,267 Restaurants in Manaus
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Uma delicia”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We went without great expectations, but the place is great. The food is excellent and the apetizers are huge and well prepared. Try the fish sticks, they are very good. We also had the queijo coalho with farofa, wonderful. The wine selection is not huge, but tHe prices are fair. The only bad note was how the stake was prepared, the midium rare was close to well done, but a wonderful meal and experince. Try it, it is worth going there.

Visited July 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
“Best fish I ever had!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This famous restaurant is a great option in Manaus. It might be one of the best places to eat fish in Brazil. As appetizers, the tapioca dices with coalho cheese are divine. I strongly recommend the tambaqui in all versions. It is a delicate and tasty Amazonian fish. Tambaqui chops with farofa de Uarini and baião de does was delicious, as well as the grilled filet with black rice and the filet in a crust of nuts. For dessert I suggest the cupuaçu mousse.

• Visited July 2013
Rosarito, Mexico
“A real local restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm always pleased when I find a local place to eat, not inhabited by tourists. This one was recommended by our Amazon tour guide and it didn't disappoint. It was about an $8. taxi ride from our hotel (Go Inn). Nice upscale restaurant with white tablecloths/linen napkins. The meals are priced for 2 & they're not cheap. One of the least expensive & one which sounded good to us was a fish dish, A Belle Meuniere...grilled fish fillet in brown butter sauce with capers, mushrooms and prawns, served with broccoli rice and sautéed potatoes. It came with a demitasse of fish soup. We ordered a scoop of Acai ice cream. Bill was R92.08 which automatically included a 10% tip. The total was $46. for the two of us so not too bad for such a great meal and we had food left over. (Did not order drinks). Tip: Brazilians may eat later than you expect. By 9 pm, the restaurant was packed and this was a Mon. night.

• Visited June 2013
Brasil
“good food good ambience”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Confortable place, air conditioned, attentive staff, very good food. We were promptly seated, food served with not much delay. Would return for sure. The best in Manaus.

Visited July 2013
“Best restaurant I've ever been to!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow...where to begin? The service is TOP NOTCH! You are treated like a Royal from the moment you enter this amazing establishment. We were referred to here by our Iguana tree climbing tours guys who would not stop talking about how amazing thus place was. I forgot what we ordered but it was the most amazing fish dish I've had my entire life!!! (And this is saying a lot because I eat a lot of exotic fish when I travel). The owner was a gent and talked us through the menu. I don't think anything on the menu was bad as we noticed the crowd in the restaurant seemed to truly enjoy their meals. You have to come here if you go to Manaus... the cab ride from our hotel (rei solomeu) was a bit long but oh em gee it was so worth it. You cant go to the famous amazon and not have fish!!! This place was very affordable (less than $40 per person and dessert was included). I cannot wait to go back to Manaus one day to visit this amazing restaurant.

Visited November 2012