“lovely restaurant”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went there three times during our one week stay in Manaus. The dishes are delicious with a delicate flavor, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff friendly. I asked a recipe of tapioca and the staff showed me how to make it in their kitchen.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,109)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was supposed to be our big night out.. very poor decor and feel.. The food was ok.. but the Costellinha "house specialty" tasted burnt and old.. the rest was sub-par at any price and for that price was really bad. This is not the best restaurant in Manaus. Not even close. I had Espetinhos on the street that were better.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went to Banzeiro to eat good local food, such as pirarucu (fish). The restaurant was slightly slow but the service and attentiveness is excellent. However, we were surprised that the restaurant was considered by TripAdvisor users the best in Manaus for local fare. All of the food we had in the region was just as good, if not better, at a fraction of the price. If you want local food with modern ambience and much higher prices, by all means you should go. Otherwise, I would suggest finding an open-air restaurant with local character that offers the same. Note that the entrees are for two and the menus are in Portuguese.

1  Thank shannon k
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Yes many things on the menu are delicious, and the ambience is clearly a step above most restaurants in Manaus. But the prices mean that many dishes just aren't good value. For example, on one of various visits we had grilled fish with mushrooms, and the mushrooms came straight out of a can. I know, fresh mushrooms aren't easy to find in Manaus (which is why we chose that dish, expecting better), but it's not impossible to get them, and at the prices charged, a top restaurant should take pride in top ingredients. Even though few Manauarans like white wine, the prices suggest that the tourist dollar may make up a fair part of their income, in which case, it might be an idea for an award-winning restaurant specialising in fish to have this. If money is no object, certainly eat here and enjoy it, but other mere mortals may be happier elsewhere. (Tip: take a cover-up in case you're seated in the target zone of the aircon, as it's on forte and they won't turn it down no matter how nicely you ask.)

2  Thank AnnieAdventure
Reviewed September 9, 2012

One, in my opinion, upscale restaurant in Manaus with very good food and excellent service! I think, to eat here often is a good change of pace from the usually low-order places in Manaus. I can only heartily recommend this Restaurant for all fish friends, who love fish as much as I do.