“Amazing experience”

$114.99*
Amazon Waterfalls
Ranked #4 of 77 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amazing Tours Agency in Manaus, a dynamic young team of local guides who will make your journey to the Amazon region will the interesting, enriching and with great fun. We support “Church of Compassionate Ministries“ and their local friends, who are working deep in the Amazon jungle to preserve wildlife, nature and the culture of indigenous communities.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Manchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We did the 3 day / 2 night jungle tour and had a wonderful, action packed time. We fished for piranha, hunted alligators, did a jungle trek, canoed down streams, visited a local tribe, swam with pink dolphins and saw the meeting of the waters. Joshua, our guide, was an amazing source of knowledge and spoke fluent English, pointing out sloths, monkeys and porcupines!

We're definitely city girls, and not ones for the bugs, so staying in the huts was scary come lights out, but it's the amazon!!

The days were fun and action packed and I'd definitely recommend going.

Booking and organisation was excellent - Everyone was where they were meant to be on time (except us!), everything ran like clockwork and Leonardo, who we booked with, was extremely helpful and even drove us back to the airport on his way home. If you're in Brazil, i'd definitely recommend taking the time to go.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lisa r

Vancouver, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazon Waterfalls”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The waterfalls around Presidente Figueiredo (107km north of Manaus) combine espectacular views and cool experience with a virgin jungle environment. The cave "Gruta do Refugio do Maruaga" is located deep in virgin jungle. The entrance to the cave is located 7 km on the Presidente Figueiredo - Balbina highway.

Visited January 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing tours”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Since Im a little child I had a dream to be in the amazon rain forest.
I came to Manaus and went to "Amazing tours" cause Ive heard good things about it.
So I took 2 days into the jungle with "Amazing tours". And it was just awsome.
We fished Pirenas, searched for crocodils and went to a jungle walk.
It was amazing.
I reccomend =)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kamilion
Wavre, Belgium
“Great two days adventure on Rio Mamori”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'v spent very interesting 48h in the Amazon. Not all guides are speaking English but they are very friendly and there is always the way to communicate with them. The river gets you together with a lot of interesting people who lives or travels around or stays night in the lodge. The nature is beautiful. What I'll always remember - amazing Amazon sunset and sunrise, fishing, swimming in the river, seeing sloth and birds, jungle trekking during havy tropical rain (it was fun). Unfortunately I have not seen the monkeys. I recommend to go there in high water season, so you can go in the forest by canoe (I've been in mid June). The food in the lodge is quite simple but tasty. In overall I've liked it a lot. It is a good adventure for reasonable amount of money. Be prepare for the wild environment and non-standard (US, Europe style) accommodations, but this is jungle!

Visited June 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Amazon experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

In March, I spent four days at Lake Mamori. This is officially the rainy season, which usually means that every day there is rain, but was a lot of sunny hours too, at least while I was there. About the program I do not write, can be found on Leonardo’s website. For this, a brief note: who wants to see the meeting of the waters, it’s better to choose a special tour, in this tour you will see it only for seconds. Thanks to the workings days and "rainy" season in the hotel I was alone, and the young guide introduced only for me the mysteries of the jungle. And that made the trip especially memorable, because four days I have seen only those people who live in the area, nothing confused the real jungle feeling. The guide knew the area very well and showed me things you will not see in group or on a luxury jungle tour. Of course, this depends on how much and what would you like to see. I really enjoyed myself with him for four days. It was a special experience the night at a local family, deep inside the forest, almost without all the achievements of civilization.
What accommodation is concerned, do not expect a luxury, but of course it was absolutely correct and clean, the food was good. In summary, I spent four unforgettable days at Lake Mamori, learning the local everyday life. And that's why I went there, to know and feel the life in this beautiful part of the earth.
So I highly recommend Leonardo's organized tours to everyone, even for my next tour I will choose his agency.

Visited March 2012