“Excellent Customer Service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Clayton, North Carolina
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The people working here from the front desk to the housekeeping staff were outstanding. I would like to especially mention Riasa at the front desk who went out of her way to help me book taxi's, trips on the river and transportation to the airport when ever I asked. She was always able to come up with a solution to help me. Diego who works in the restaurant and is starting to train on the front desk. It was always nice to be greeted by Diego in the morning on my way in for breakfast. He was always willing to recommend new foods and always ad a smile on his face. Then there was Lucimare at the bar. She helped with my Portuguese and again like the rest always had a smile and willing to help. It's nice to see a smiling face and happy people when your away from home for a couple of weeks and miss your family. I will be going back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Jeffrey N,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to receive your comments. Raisa, Diego and Luzimeire were congratulated for the good service delivered to you.
If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please inform at our Front Desk.

We hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards, Priscila Caldeira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed November 24, 2013

There is always taxi's at front of the hotel;
The regional food is good with traditional plates but not cheap;
They offer meeting rooms, you pay for the rent, coffee and water as you use;
Its not close from the center so you will need a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Djean A,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and comfort and if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please inform our Front Desk.

We expect to see you soon in your next visit to Manaus.

Regards, Priscila caldeira
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a perfect stay, came in early morning but staff found me room quickly. Sufficient taxi's always near the hotel. Good gym and swimming pool. Breakfast was good and international, special attention for asian guest with noodles and miso soup,
Missed fresh baked eggs but you can't have it all

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Hans V,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and service.
We are glad to know that our services and facilities met your expectations and your needs. It is also very important to know our clients´ opinion in order to improve our services.

We hope to see you soon during your next visit to Manaus.

Cupertino, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I came to this hotel from another in town because it was closer to my next business visit. Within 5 minutes of entering the lobby their power went out and kept going out for our whole stay. A colleague even blew her power converter because of these outages and spikes. The rooms were rather spartan and the beds were rather uncomfortable. The hotel was clean though.

Breakfast was horrible. The food was subpar and I even chose to forgo breakfast because of this. There was a lot of staff moving around but not much was being done. The tables were dirty and while staff walked by they didn't bother to stop and clean them.

I had come here from the Cesar Business Hotel also in town and next time I come I will stay there and deal with the traffic. I don't plan on coming back here if I can help it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GraydonM
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for reporting your stay with us.

Our hotel is very well located especially for those coming to work in the Industrial District.

Regarding our breakfast, daily exchange our items to offer a variety of products to our guests. Have meals at our hotel, we have a varied buffet where we can attract clients who are not staying in our hotel. During dinner we have a special menu with choices of meats, poultry and fish.

The cleaning of tables and attention of our waiters, inform you that we are working to make this not happen again.

We are always working to exceed the expectations of our clients, but during this process can happen problems that compromise the satisfaction of our guests.

We wish to express our apologies for the inconvenience and would like you to know that we will not measure any effort to help you as best we can during your next stay.

Counting on your comprehension and we are at your entire disposal.

Guilherme Monteiro
Baden, Switzerland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The quality of the physical facilities of the hotel is ok, even though it is a little too expensive as compared to other hotels in the city. However, what is really bad is the fact that they tried cheat with the bill. I had 2 unauthorized transactions on my credit card settlement (besides the correct one) for about 500 R$. On my complain the hotel did not show any reaction. They only reacted when I complained at Holiday corporate international and when I threatened with the police. Then they gave me some unclear and implausible explanation what happened and that is was a misunderstanding. However, it took more than 2 months until I got my money back.
In my opinion it's very unlikely that this was a misunderstanding (why they didn't react for almost 1 month??). Much more likely is that they have some people in the staff who try to cheat, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; then they give you some excuse and try the next one. However, only my suspicion, but it is quite in line with the fact that credit card fraud gangs are quite active in in this region of Brasil. So why not to infiltrate some major hotels?
Anyhow I strongly recommend to refrain from booking this hotel, not because the quality itself, but because the risk of getting a get a bad surprise afterwards is much too high.
B.R.
details and evidences available on request on metravelling19@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank MichaelRubinBaden
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Mr. MichaelRubinBaden,

First of all we would like to thank you for bringing the incident that occurred during your stay with us. As informed by e-mail, the first contact you have tried with us by e-mail did not get in our inbox, that is the reason why you did not receive a response. We have received your second complain about the charge and we have detected a second reservation under your name for June 15th generating a no show charge. This case was forwarded to our IT department since the system made a copy of your previous reservation and all the procedures to reimburse this payment was made. We are constantly pursuing excellence to provide quality in our services and we take safety procedures seriously, specially regarding credit card or any other confidential information, but despite all our efforts, failures still can occur in any way to implicate in the satisfaction of our guests.
We would like to express our apologies for the incovenience and would like to let you know that we will not measure any efforts to assist you in the best way possible during your next stay.

We count on your comprehension and remain at your entire disposal.

Sincerely, Priscila Caldeira
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I visited this Hotel on ist opening, had a poor experience and gave a poor Review. I visited again and although it had improved, it did not Warrant a further Review.

Now in July I stayed for 26 days, tough in any Hotel but I have to stay the experience was good. The Hotel is clean and was conveniently situated for my Needs.

What was outstanding was the Staff Friendliness and Diligence. Far and above any experienced in any Hotel in Brasil. The Management must be good, a difficult Task in Brasil.

Well Done, I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Vitoriatravel,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to post your review about our hotel.
It is very important to know that we have improved since your last stay and we will keep working to be the best option for travellers who are seeking quality and comfort in Manaus.

We expect to see you soon in our hotel. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, do not hesitate to inform our front desk.

Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had no reason to come to Manaus except that I'd never been. The guidebooks/Internet didn't give me much to look forward to, but I thought I'd make the best of it.. From what I could tell, the HI was the best choice. Having walked all over the city and sticking my head in many other hotels, I'd say yes, this is the best place in town. With a chuckle, I must say this truly is a bleak city and this hotel is no Ritz, Westin or Hyatt. The hotel is, however, clean, clean, clean. The ultra small lobby is poorly decorated with only a few chairs. The staff is excellent, especially Sparkys, whose English is perfect and whose attitude is noted above the other staff. I might add that English is not Germaine to this part of the world, and my fluency in Spanish wasn't of much help, either.
The rooftop pool was spotless. Clean, rolled towels were provided at the entry and the outdoor furniture appeared brand new. Free wifi worked well all over the hotel, which is more than I can say about most high end hotels in the US. The breakfast buffet was extensive. I wouldn't say the food was excellent, but it was alright. Overall, I found the food in the city deplorable at best, yet I tried most of the TA high rated places. I heard on the CNN station in the room that Manaus is slated to host part of the Olympics in 2014, even building a new soccer stadium. I can't imagine that many people in this already poor, stretched infrastructure; it will be interesting.
I cannot fault the hotel, however. They're doing a fantastic job in a place that's obviously not equipped for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the city.