“Pleasing Return”

Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Manaus
GreenLeadersGold level
“Pleasing Return”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I visited this Hotel on ist opening, had a poor experience and gave a poor Review. I visited again and although it had improved, it did not Warrant a further Review.

Now in July I stayed for 26 days, tough in any Hotel but I have to stay the experience was good. The Hotel is clean and was conveniently situated for my Needs.

What was outstanding was the Staff Friendliness and Diligence. Far and above any experienced in any Hotel in Brasil. The Management must be good, a difficult Task in Brasil.

Well Done, I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Vitoriatravel,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to post your review about our hotel.
It is very important to know that we have improved since your last stay and we will keep working to be the best option for travellers who are seeking quality and comfort in Manaus.

We expect to see you soon in our hotel. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, do not hesitate to inform our front desk.

Best Regards, Priscila Caldeira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had no reason to come to Manaus except that I'd never been. The guidebooks/Internet didn't give me much to look forward to, but I thought I'd make the best of it.. From what I could tell, the HI was the best choice. Having walked all over the city and sticking my head in many other hotels, I'd say yes, this is the best place in town. With a chuckle, I must say this truly is a bleak city and this hotel is no Ritz, Westin or Hyatt. The hotel is, however, clean, clean, clean. The ultra small lobby is poorly decorated with only a few chairs. The staff is excellent, especially Sparkys, whose English is perfect and whose attitude is noted above the other staff. I might add that English is not Germaine to this part of the world, and my fluency in Spanish wasn't of much help, either.
The rooftop pool was spotless. Clean, rolled towels were provided at the entry and the outdoor furniture appeared brand new. Free wifi worked well all over the hotel, which is more than I can say about most high end hotels in the US. The breakfast buffet was extensive. I wouldn't say the food was excellent, but it was alright. Overall, I found the food in the city deplorable at best, yet I tried most of the TA high rated places. I heard on the CNN station in the room that Manaus is slated to host part of the Olympics in 2014, even building a new soccer stadium. I can't imagine that many people in this already poor, stretched infrastructure; it will be interesting.
I cannot fault the hotel, however. They're doing a fantastic job in a place that's obviously not equipped for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Drroady
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mr Drroady,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
We do not measure efforts to make our guests´ stay comfortable and pleasant and we are all glad to know that our services and facilities met your needs, but there are some situations we can not step in, such as structures of the city.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk.

Sincerely, Priscila Caldeira
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just a short note to say thanks to the staff of the Holiday Inn (in particular Sparkys - I hope I spelled correctly). A bit of a nightmare journey from Europe; bags lost en route. Arrived very late and just mentioned the days events. Without me asking, the guys called the airport daily on my behalf, left notes in my room with the latest information. Also arranged transportation to/from a local mall to pick up some new clothes. Standard of room is as you expect from an inn, breakfast is good-- maybe a slightly greater choice for dinner (no issue if you are there for a few days, more than a week and its a bit repetitive). All in all avery pleasant team in the hotel, friendly and welcoming. Willie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Willie805,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
It is a pleasure to share with our staff your comments and also very important for us to know your opinion, so we can improve our services.

We hope to see you soon in your next trip to Manaus.

Alberta
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don’t expect any frills with your stay here. You get standard Holiday Inn service here, minus their usual complimentary breakfast. (breakfast buffet here costs 25R per person; although it was one of the better spreads we’ve seen on our trip thus far) Dinner here was disappointing and service was incredibly slow.

You have a decent sized room, with a comfortable bed. (might be a Brazilian thing, but there was only a thin sheet on the bed, so I had to crank up the thermostat) On your bed, you have your choice of a soft or firm pillow (which I really liked). In your room, you have a mini fridge and a coffee pot. Lots of variety of TV channels available: Japanese, Korean, French, and English.

Bonus: within walking distance (~5 mins) to a strip mall where there is a large grocery store. (we stocked up on beverages here for our next trip to the Amazon, and they also have hot foods and a cafeteria style restaurant, if you choose not to dine in the hotel)

Free wifi available in your room.

Gym and outdoor pool available on the top floor. Gym included treadmills, exercise bikes, weight machine and some free weights. There is a TV in the gym. The pool appeared clean.

Toiletries included: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body wash.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GroovieGurlie
Dear GroovieGurlie,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality and we apologize for any incovenience caused to you.
We do value the comments we receive as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask at the Front Desk.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is really good. There is a large selection of just about everything you would expect.
The dinners are just as good.
The gym has treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, and a cable machine that are fairly new and in great shape.
The rooms are very clean and big.
Would recommend this location if you are staying in Manaus.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank wcpage
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Wcpage,

Thank you for taking your time and posting about your stay with us.
We are all very proud to know that our services and structure met your needs. Comments like yours give us direction to keep improving our services and quality.

We expect to host you back in your next visit to Manaus.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

A normal Holiday Inn, but thebest in Manaus, clean, new (2 years they said), Didnt have chance to go at the pool, the breakfast is a normal bed and briefast, so my point of view is a normal chain hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank manuelnavarrete
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear manuelnavarrete,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to know that our level of service and product is in our brand quality standard, but it is also very important to know what we can do to make our guest´s stay more comfortable. If there is anything else we can do in your next visit, please let us know.

We expect to you see you soon in your next visit to Manaus.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A modern hotel with all mod cons. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Efficient service and convenient when working in the industrial district.
There are a couple of bars and restaurants in the vicinity, with a large food parlour nearby.
City centre is a 10 minute ride from the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael B
Dear Mr. Michael B,

Thank you for taking your time and post your comment about your stay with us.
We are glad to know that our structure and services met your needs. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please contact our Front Desk or our Manager on Duty.

We hope to see you again in your next visit to Manaus.