“get a little taste of amazon” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Full Day Trip in The Amazon
Ranked #7 of 72 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Here we realise your dreams, our team from Iguana Tours are ready during the whole year to take you and to give you a wonderful time in the Amazon jungle. For us the most important thing is the satisfation of our clients. The satisfation of our clients its because of the quality of our tours where we just show and do things according to the possibilities offered by the Amazon Jungle.
Toronto, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“get a little taste of amazon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

most jungle tour companies are offering the same kind of services and activities. i picked this one other than others because i got most of my questions answered in email before my arrival.

the lodge called juma lodge is located south of amazon. it's quite "modernized" than i thought. there's electricity, bathroom and shower. you're like camping but at a more comfort level. worried about mosquito before. there're no many when i arrived in june. don't even bother using a mosquito net. only mosquito you find is inside the bathroom. a dorm room is clean and spacious.

another surprise to me is the meals they offer. feel sorry that didn't say good works to the cooks when i was there. they did really good jobs. two main dishes with rice or pasta for lunch and dinner but they are tasty. they would even have dishes cooked without meats if you're vegetarian. their Feijoada (traditional brazilian food) is the best one i tried in Brazil because they cooked with brasil and spices to add more favour.

another plus is the tour guide Alan who is really knowledgeable about wild life in Amazon. he's doing excellent jobs telling you anything he knows about the wild animals and rainforest in amazon. he also prepares well for your activities by telling you what to dress and what to bring. breaks are always given for you so you have time to rest and relax.

taking jungle tour is really the highlight in manus. strongly recommend to take 3D 2N tour to taste the wild life in amazon.

another funny thing is the lodge has 2 little cute dogs. they're super guest friendly. they won't spark at you even though we're strangers. they spark at other local people when their speed boat pass by our lodge.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Rainforest experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friend Sandra and I went into the Amazon for the first time. We wanted to experience the real rainforest and camp out right in the jungle. We had great service from Wilson and Ricardo. They were very helpful and always available to answer our questions. They even picked us up and dropped us off at the airport free of charge.

I'd like to thank Ralf our personal guide who took us into the rain forest. His knowledge and skills in the forest were exceptional. He grew up in the area and also lives in the area so he knows the rain forest very well.

We will certainly go with them again if we go back. FYI Remember if you go to the Juma lodge there is a snack bar and small store that can be used to buy certain items. We were unaware it was there until we left. It is around the back of the main lodge.
If we have any friends from Canada interested in going to the Amazon we will recommend your company.
Thanks again Wilson and Ricardo and Ralf. Excellent service.

Curtis and Sandra

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Best experience of our 5 month Brazil trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were picked up from the airport, and we stayed in Hotel 10 de Julho, which is where Iguano Turismo is located. The next day we went to Juma Lake Inn near the Juma reserve. It is a great trip, by car, boat and van. The jungle is secondary and primary rainforest, all protected. We saw sloths, monkeys (saki, howler, capuchin and spider monkeys), toucan, macaws, caiman, many many birds, a tapir, lizards, spiders, snakes and we even caught and ate piranha and catfish.
One of the best experiences of my life - certainly of the 5 month Brazil trip - I WILL be going again. Our guide spoke English, he was called Alan, so if you go, try and get in his group - he has been guiding from Juma for 9 years. We stayed a night in the jungle, did lots of canoeing through the flooded forest (we went in May), trekking (twice) through the jungle, piranha fishing, sunset, sunrise and night sky watching. Being from England, this was the first time I had seen the Southern night sky, and out there, with no ground lights, you can see EVERYTHING! Milky way was so bright, as was the Southern Cross - made me feel like I was on another planet. We got to hold a caiman after going caiman hunting. Wear shoes and take DEET with you - the jungle is beautiful, but be careful and do not touch anything. I was jealous of the people at the lodge when I was leaving. The food is good, and all water and food is free. Ask the chefs to cook your piranha (if you catch one).

Visited May 2013
Athens, Greece
“I am looking forward to come back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I choosed to 'invade' the Amazon jungle using the services of Iguana Turismo thank to a friend who had gone there some years ago and he also definitely suggested to me the Iguana!

You feel safe with the people who work there as you see that they know everything concerning the 'secrets of the jungle', they are all very nice and friendly and they really care for you...

I stayed there for two nights and three days, and (thank to the people of Iguana ) I had the great chance to walk around the jungle safely, enjoy two magic nights in the nature, touch a small cute caiman, fish piranhas, watch monkeys and a sloth, visit a native family and meet interesting people from all over the world!
The food they provide is three meals per day and it's amazing (I am pretty sure that I got weight there), the facilities are very clean,i was impressed... ok, don't expect for a luxurius five stars hotel in the middle of the jungle...but I am pretty sure that you will have a great experience there so you would give the five stars of success to Iguana!

I am not writing anything about what you are supposed to bring with you as the Iguana-team will inform you about everything that you need to have with you via email, and they are more than helpful!

I should also say that I am still grateful as they kept my luggage and they also allowed me to wait for almost 5hours in their office waiting for my flight after my days in the jungle, so I owe a big OBRIGADA especially to Ricardo who was the first guy of the team that I met in the airport and he helped me a lot, and also to Ralf, our great guide who had so many things to teach us concerning ways to survive into the jungle and other stuff!

So the only suggestion that I have to do concerning what to bring with you is your positive attitude and a great mood for exploration!
If only I could stay more...But I think two or three nights minimum is kind of enough to get an idea of the wonderful jungle-world and to relax...

Visited April 2013
Prague
“Awesome jungle adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Such a good experience. We were a little concerned at first since we had to take a boat, a car, and then a boat to get to the lodge and none of these drivers spoke any English, but our stay was great. Our guide Alan was incredible - so smart and well-spoken and very multi-lingual. I would recommend that you go for at least 2 nights since it takes several hours to get to the lodge. Also, make sure you spend the night sleeping in the jungle. This was definitely the highlight of my experience. The lodging is pretty basic, but completely fine for being in the middle of the Amazon. I spent 3 nights there at a cost of 600 BRL and thought this was completely worth the cost considering how much we got out of it.

Visited June 2013