“Great way to experience what it's like in the forest...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Iguana Turismo

and up
Full Day Trip in The Amazon
Ranked #6 of 72 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Here we realise your dreams, our team from Iguana Tours are ready during the whole year to take you and to give you a wonderful time in the Amazon jungle. For us the most important thing is the satisfation of our clients. The satisfation of our clients its because of the quality of our tours where we just show and do things according to the possibilities offered by the Amazon Jungle.
Caen, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to experience what it's like in the forest...”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went twice on an Iguana Turismo excursion in the Jungle.... Each time, I went to the "Juma Lodge" and it was great!
You get to do a lot of different activities and everything is really well organised, you really don't loose your time and that's good.
The guides (at least, the two I had) were absolutely passionate about the forest and its environnement and it makes the treks and the excursions really interesting.
The night in the forest is a one in a lifetime opportunity for people who don't go often on adventures... I loved it!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Spagbtn

• Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Awesome tour!!! our guides were amazing, they know every little thing about the flora and fauna of the jungle, The services was great, the food amazing, typical amazon dishes. Excellent accomodation. Over all Perfect!!!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank maurolivioleccese
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jungle advanture”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Iguana Turismo was a good choice especially the price-quality rate was good. We stayed 5 nights and had different guides. Which was confusing at first, but then we just ended up knowing different people, hearing more stories which was good. We also would have liked more than just 2 activities per day and staying overnight in the jungle more than once. Luckily we were a group of 4 people and one guide called Robinson took us in the jungle, because he was more experienced. This location in Juma Reserve is very good for relaxing and to watch wildlife near the water, but if you want to experience "deep" jungle you should go to the Northern part of the Amazon. That will we plan doing next ;)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank lizzieke
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Difference in price sealed the deal!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We investigated a few different tour agencies before choosing to go with Iguana. All the agencies seemed to have very similar itineraries but Iguana was substantially cheaper!
The private room accommodation was comfortable and our guide Robinson was very knowledgable and funny. The food at the lodge was delicious! Every lunch was a feast of rice, salad, potatoes, beans, meat/fish. One day my partner and another guy were hungry mid afternoon and Gerry just got them some food from the kitchen for free to keep them energized! You're not going to go hungry with Iguana!
To get the most of the tour I suggest you speak to your guide as much as possible. Sometimes when you book in the office in Manaus they give you all your options but when you actually get out there the order or timing of things may have changed or other suggestions might be made. So if you have your heart set on something just tell them as they are flexible and will try and accommodate you. For example, we wanted to sleep in the hammocks another night instead of at the lodge, so our guide Robinson quickly organised it and next thing you know we're spending our third night hanging our hammocks at the house of a local family.
I honestly don't know what the other more expensive tour companies offer that Iguana don't. Another added bonus for us was that Iguana were linked to GOL backpackers in Manaus and so we got 2 free nights accommodation there, which makes Iguana the best by far for value for money!

1 Thank Fen-and-Borge
Brasilia, DF
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Our experience with Iguana Turismo”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We planned to spend Christmas in Manaus and I was wondering how things would work because of the holidays. To prevent surprises, I contacted Iguana Turismo way before. Ricardo always answered quickly, clearly and was very patient with my numerous questions. At first we planned only the Iguana Package (3 days-2nights in the jungle). When asked if they also offered the diving with Brazilian dolphins, the answer was surprising: yes, they offered and , without me asking, they gave me a discount because we were hiring another service! This is what I call attention and courtesy!

The tours: diving with the Brazilian dolphins is unforgettable. Our guide was Pedro (what a guy!) in his ocean speedboat. On the way we saw the Encontro das águas - by the way, no need to take a separate tour to see the waters meeting. We had a delicious lunch at a floating restaurant and then headed to the diving. The temperature of Rio Negro was 32 Celsius! I confess at first I was a little scared because the dolphins are unpredictable but after a while I could relax and I tell you, it was awesome!

For the jungle we chose Iguana Package (3days-2 nights), with Christmas Eve in the middle. The length of stay was just right. One of us had a health problem and part of my family could not go. The staff of Iguana was extremely sympathetic, caring and helpful. The overnight stay in the jungle was fabulous. Believe it or not, it was pretty cold and no mosquitoes (we were told that the waters are still rising so no mosquitoes). The noise of the Howler monkeys in the middle of the night is just .... just astonishing! Well .. I cannot say that we saw Animal Planet or NatGeo animals, and, truly, these are easily seen on YouTube videos. In any case, we saw alligators, tarantulas and also did the piranha fishing.

We chose to stay in a room with private bathroom and fan. Everything was simple but ok. The food was very good, homemade and tasty. Grade 10, especially for the pirarucu. The guide, Conrado, very extrovert, perfect English, very talkative.

For me, the jungle had two highlights: one was just sitting in front of the lake, just watching the free dolphins diving, putting on their show. This was worth the whole trip! The other highlight was the interesting people we meet. We will certainly keep in touch with them. Unfortunately we were the only Brazilians. Too bad Brazilians still don´t visit the Amazon.... but we will reach there!

The services of Iguana Tour: Airport transfers (good cars, on time and it saves good money!); reliable information about what we would see-do and what to bring; they were very understanding with the problems we had. Thank you, Ricardo and Neto. Thank you, Iguana Tour!

Visited December 2012