“Go for Amazon Gero Tours - Wala Wala!!!!”
Review of Amazon Gero Tours

Amazon Gero Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Very very thanks to tripadvisor, because of it I found the Amazon Gero Tour from here. Lots of people wrote their trip experience and most of their reviews are very informative and useful. Most of them had a fantastic time in Amazon Jungle with Gero Tours. Therefore, I had no doubt to choose Amazon Gero Tour.

I am young-spirit adventurer so of course to choose the 6days/5nights package. Gero is really nice and easy-going person. Due to the delay of my bus he was waiting for me at Manaus Bus Station for nearly 4 hours without any complaints. His staffs and he kindly helped me to find a cheap and nice hotel which just 3, 4 shops away from his office. I was surprised his office how closed to the Opera Theatre and also not far away from the harbour. I become very pleased about my decision with them.

Whatever the guilds brought us in and out of Jungle or the local tour guilds, they all are so friendly and approachable. Especially the local tour guilds, I spent 6 days with them, we've already built up friendship. These people are so knowledgeable to the jungle such as the types of birds, floral, plants. Not only they are born in Jungle, but also they study hard, read lots of books to enhance their knowledge to make them professional. After one day activities, we always stayed in the lodge canteen to chat with them, listen to their jungle story, especially about Jaguar.

During the 6 days in Jungle, I have seen lots of birds, alligators, pink and grey dolphins, sloth, biggest tree and so on. The most exciting thing is fishing piranha and then cook them. We felt very satisfaction to catch lots of piranha. I think quite a lot of people have described the conditions of lodge. The lodge are really nice, comfortable and very jungle looking. I have to tell you a trick if anyone who would like to photographs. It is better to get up earlier like 5am in the morning; you will have a wonderful experience to see the sunrise, which is amazing. That is what I did, my friends and family they all like the sunrise in Jungle. It is not a word to describe.

6 days passed so quickly but every second, every minute, every hour spent in the Jungle is so irregretable. Gero's staffs and he treated me like friend. We still have constant contact with each other. I think I will come back to visit Gero and his family sometimes. I really like Brazilian enthusiasm.

PS: Maybe this is good news for anyone who consider spending Crhismas at Amazon Jungle. I heard from Gero days ago, he is going to make a Christmas time for the local people. He is going to give 20 % discount for 22nd, 23rd and 24th Dec10 and 2nd Jan 11 for those who want to bring the 20% discount by gift to the local people.

Let' Wala Wala Amazon Jungle trip, Amazon Gero Tours!!!!!!

3  Thank YanWalaWala
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"dry season"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2010

My friend and I decided to spend 7 nights in the Amazonas jungle with Gero and his team. You can spend less or more time if you would like as well. Firstly, we were took a van and boat to the Ararinha Jungle Hotel where we were greeted by the staff.
Some of the highlights of the trip were:
- Fishing and eating pirahnas...and if you fancy, also swimming in the Amazon! Just be sure not to go to the toilet, as apparently there are bugs that can crawl up inside you!
- Amazing fresh food served at the jungle hotel, in particular the banana fritters.
- Watching the sunrise and sunset, from the boat and from a floating bar on the side of the river.
- Caimen (crocodile) spotting and catching at night. You can even hold one if you wish, which does not harm them at all.
- Face painting with jungle plants.
- Finding fresh jungle fruits like cupuasu to eat.
- Sleeping one night in the middle of the jungle and having to build our own hammock setup.
- Visiting an Amazonas family and having a go at mowing their lawn for them with a machete!
If you want an Amazonas jungle experience, then I highly recommend doing a tour with Gero. We chose to sleep in the hammocks upstairs, which were very comfortable. But if you prefer the luxury of a bed, there is of course that option.

1  Thank shackas
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Took a 3 days trip with Gero tours. Very good service received: the guides spoke English, the personnel very attentive, the food was delicious. Guides in the jungles were well prepared, looked after the tourists and the track was really exciting.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

We booked this trip at least 3 months in advance before we arrvied in Manaus, the emails correspondence and arranged transfer from the airport went well. The journey to the lodge is an adventure in itself incorporating boat, 4x4, and another boat and a 30min treck to the lodge as it's low water.
Unfortunatley for us, we were put into the worse room in the lodge (compared to the other)s, there was no view, no where to hang clothes outside, beds were very old and hard. Even though we mentioned that we had booked this tour well in advance of others in our party and paid either more or the same amount of money, we were given the worse room. I felt this was unfair as I know that people who had signed on that morning were given a much better deal. I was assured we would be moved the next day, but then no one arrived to faciliate the move.
That aside the time in the jungle and the activities that were arranged were fab, the guide very knowledgable and Gero did deliver on that. Nevertheless due to a feeling of being shafted over the rooms (lets face it not much you can do in the middle of the jungle, but bite the bullet), it was all a bit of a let down. Shame!!

3  Thank RizzoLondon