My friend and I decided to spend 7 nights in the Amazonas jungle with Gero and his team. You can spend less or more time if you would like as well. Firstly, we were took a van and boat to the Ararinha Jungle Hotel where we were greeted by the staff.
Some of the highlights of the trip were:
- Fishing and eating pirahnas...and if you fancy, also swimming in the Amazon! Just be sure not to go to the toilet, as apparently there are bugs that can crawl up inside you!
- Amazing fresh food served at the jungle hotel, in particular the banana fritters.
- Watching the sunrise and sunset, from the boat and from a floating bar on the side of the river.
- Caimen (crocodile) spotting and catching at night. You can even hold one if you wish, which does not harm them at all.
- Face painting with jungle plants.
- Finding fresh jungle fruits like cupuasu to eat.
- Sleeping one night in the middle of the jungle and having to build our own hammock setup.
- Visiting an Amazonas family and having a go at mowing their lawn for them with a machete!
If you want an Amazonas jungle experience, then I highly recommend doing a tour with Gero. We chose to sleep in the hammocks upstairs, which were very comfortable. But if you prefer the luxury of a bed, there is of course that option.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.