“Amazing Amazon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Amazon Gero Tours
Ranked #3 of 72 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are highily recommended by the best travel book and through the best travel foruns what most count to receive excellent reviews is our experience working for many years in tourism and that we take you deep in the jungle where only the local people and our jungle lodge base are there no other lodge is near to us, we have the best recommendation through the best traveller books and through the best traveler foruns. Sustainable tourism is our priority, we are the only Tourism agency who has done several social services around our Amazonian region for several times. Amazon Gero Tours advises you: Please, do not trust unauthorized people at the airport using good companies names to offer you tourism information, taxi or jungle tours, do pay attention when they approach you in front of the hostels even if they say they work for the hotel. Some Hostels and Hotels staffs use to offer you Jungle tours, jungle lodges or boat tours that they have never seen, just because a fat commission.
Shelbyville, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Amazon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was recommended to use Amazon Gero Tours by a traveling friend and I do not regret following her recommendation. I opted for the five day and four night tour in the jungle. On the final day I was wishing to stay even longer. I highly recommend my tour guide Shawn, who was a great guide who turned into a good friend. Gero was very helpful and gracious when I was having problems with my debit card and helped me to get to where I needed even after my tour was finished. I would recommend Amazon Gero Tours to any friend of mine who plans on going to Manaus in the future! Thanks Gero and Shawn!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank joshorem

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great time in the jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My pick of Amazon Gero Tours for my Amazon adventure was based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor and the great price. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. From the time my girlfriend and I were picked up at the airport (a relief when traveling to a new city) to getting dropped off in Manaus the professionalism and helpfulness of all the employees was appreciated. We booked the 3 day/2 night trip with hammocks in a shared room. The accommodations and food were good and I have no complaints. Anyway I was there for the sights and sounds of the Amazon and on that point I was not disappointed. In fact our guide, Shawn, was amazing! He went out of his way on several occasions to make our experience in the Amazon as enjoyable as possible. Thank you Amazon Gero Tours!

2 Thank LBsean
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent 5 day tour with Gero Tours in Ararinha Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked the tour by e-mail. Gero answered very promptly to our enquiries which gave a very good impression. Pick up from airport to our hotel and the tour went very smoothly, so we were very satisfied. There were people coming to Ararinha Lodge every day, staying there different lengths but the guides could handle the programme well, so that we had something different for every day. We stayed three nights in the lodge (private room) and one night in the jungle. Sleeping in the jungle on hammock wasn't very comfortable but sounds of the jungle, stars and the grilled chicken were worth the slight discomfort. We saw more animals, that anyone could have thought - even a black puma (jaguar)! The flooding river was so beautiful when we canoed through water covered forests. Our guide Kennedy and all the personnel we met were very friendly. Food in the lodge was OK, had fruit every day which was great.

1 Thank Urpu
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was easily the best thing we did in Brazil. The Amazon cannot be missed if you are going to Brazil and these guys know how to best show it to you. Gero and his team looked after everything. He arranged for someone to pick us up from the airport and take us to the office for a briefing then on to our hotel in Manaus. The next morning we were picked up and taken back to the office to meet the others in our group then all the way to the jungle lodge by bus, boat, another bus and another boat. At the lodge all meals were taken care of as were all the activities - we were told what was happening when and all we had to do was turn up. We had our own guide for the entire time and he was incredible. Rueben (aka Guacamole) took us on jungle walks, boat tours, piranha fishing, to a native village and a night camping in the jungle. It seemed there was nothing he didn’t know and he did it all with a smile and a litany of bad jokes. Rueben showed us dolphins (grey and pink), monkeys, iguanas, boa constrictors, sloths, frogs and a million different types of bird and insect. He even caught (then released) a caiman at night seemingly plucked out of the water as we were gliding past. His amazing eyesight and keen sense of smell (yes he literally sniffed out wildlife) turned even a simple boat trip into an adventure. The best bit of the trip was the night in the jungle. If you are even thinking about it, do it. It won’t be the most comfortable night sleeping in a hammock but just to watch the guides prepare the meal and make bowls and utensils out of palm leaves is worth it. All the meals, including the one at the jungle camp, were fantastic and there is no risk of going hungry. We stayed in one of the private rooms which was very basic but remember you are in the jungle. Unless you are a princess, you will be fine. The only downside is when it rains, it pours, and it’s really difficult to get things dry due to the humidity so everything has a musty smell including your own clothes. Don’t expect to do too much laundry. Gero has a very strong environmental focus and involves the local communities in the business as much as possible. The kitchen and cleaning staff as well as some of the guides are from local communities and Gero gives money to the native people for allowing groups to visit their homes.

1 Thank Paul A
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazon Gero Tour 4 day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Booked a 4 day tour with Gero staying at the Arrarinha lodge. Gero greeted us in person with great enthusiasm upon arrival welcoming us all in his laid-back lodge. The daily trips were well organised and we spotted some wildlife which we couldn't have noticed without the excellent tour guides Ruben and Beach Boy! Ruben tracked a Boa by smell which was 20m+ in the treetops! Food prepared at the lodge was plentiful, fresh and tasty and the transport to and fro the lodge was also very well organised with each guide on the way being friendly and informative. On return they even booked us a cab back to the hostel which was paid for by Gero tours. Many tours would just dump their visitors upon arrival, while with Gero Tours we felt they really went the extra mile to make sure we arrived where we wanted to be!
Highly recommended!