Chez Les Rois Guesthouse
Hotel Saint Paul(Manaus)
$39
$55
  • Breakfast included
Go Inn Manaus(Manaus)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
$60
$49
HolidayInn.com
$76
  • Breakfast included
Da Vinci Hotel & Conventions(Manaus)
$64
$61
Boutique Hotel Casa Teatro(Manaus)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair conditioningcomfortable pousadathreadbare sheetsa short taxi ridemaurocrumblingmanauara
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We generally say: you get what you pay !!

But here I am happy to say that We Got much More !!

The hotel is a very small one,, not a luxury one but t, the service was more than what you can expect
They have done much more of what is normal to kook for as a Very Early breakfast, near the swimming pool, in a very very early hour of the day. WONDERFULL PEOPLE
Obrigado Thank all the staff !!

Room Tip: do not hesitate...book it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Manaus hotel selection is awful. This is perhaps the best for price, but make no mistake, in Europe this would be a 2 star hotel. Great ambiance and flavor, but the rooms are as stark as can be. Barking neighbor's dogs all night and all early morning make sleeping difficult. Terrific service. Excellent Brasilian breakfast buffet. Great pool for those incredibly hot humid days. Lots of backpackers stay here. It is not a hostel, but draws that crowd because of the value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've chosen to stay in Chez les Rois 'cause I was a little tired of the tradicional hotelkeeper structure, so I'd like to experience something more homely, confortable and welcomer. I liked a lot of the experience. The place is a big house, typically decorated, very clean and quiet. The rooms are very clean, including the baths. They're also climatized (in Manaus they must be). The showers could be better, I missed some douches here, but this doesn't takes the confort of the room, with big and soft beds. The breakfest it's simple but functional. They do not have restaurant but that's ok 'cause close there are many. For me the best was the attention given by the girls on reception. They treat you as if you were a member of their family. One tip: ALWAYS ask them to call a cab for you, once they know better than us the taxi drivers and their prices (specially from airport-hotel and hotel-airport). I'm enchanted by their attention. A great experience for someone who wants a quiet place and likes to know people from all over the world. Even if you're going to stay in a jungle hotel (there are several in Amazon jungle), Chez les Rois is a must place for passing throught the city.

Room Tip: I do prefer any with wood floor. I stayed in two rooms, one in the front and one in back part. They were both quiet, maybe the front one a bit more noisier because of cars.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank saulors
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for nearly 2 weeks while in Manaus on business. This is what I consider a 'guest house' with a large common room and several inviting outdoor areas with tables and chairs. I much prefer a guest house to a standard hotel which I find a bit stuffy and isolating. The guest house has about 10 or 12 rooms, all a good size with A/C and private baths, a refrigerator, comfortable bed, and a closet or armoire. My room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. There is breakfast served every morning that includes fruit, bread, eggs, juice and coffee. There is also a nice small outdoor pool in the courtyard.

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, most speak some English and some speak very good. I found that booking by email was easiest since it eliminated the language barrier I have on the phone. I recommend booking this place 1 week in advance because it tends to fill up quickly.

This area of Manaus was very safe, even at night I was comfortable walking in the neighborhood. Near by streets Rua Pará and Av. João Valério are hip and upscale with lots of trendy shops and restaurants, see http://www.apontador.com.br/guia_de_ruas/am/manaus/rua_para.html and http://www.apontador.com.br/guia_de_ruas/am/manaus/r_joao_valerio.html

Chez les Rois info:
web: http://www.chezlesrois.com.br/index.php?lang=en
email: chezlesrois@uol.com.br
phone: +55 (92) 3584-3549 or +55 (92) 3584-5130
have your taxi call the hotel for directions because sometimes the hotel's address is not familiar to them. The major cross street is R. Maceió at R. Acre

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked this hotel due to reviews & cost as was only staying 1 night before amazon tour & for 5 hrs after tour. Booked into room 10 which is at the back of the hotel & seems like an 'add on annex'. My wife described it as the Bates hotel room out of Psycho! It was clean but extremely basic & the AC was not great. The bathroom was also basic. It was totally not in keeping with the main building.
We should have asked for a different room as when we came back we had room 1 which was enormous & had a great bathroom & there was a nice terrace just off the landing where we could have a dink or two.
I don't think the area was great. When we asked about restaurants we were told just around the corner. We didn't find any either to our liking or open. We came back to the hotel with some crisps from the local supermarket. To be fair we missed a very good Italian very close to the hotel & we ate there on our return visit. If we had just stayed the 2nd I would have rated this very good as the value is excellent & they did store our luggage for us.

Room Tip: Don't put up with room 10
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple