“So much fun! Muito obrigada, Amazon Tree Climbing!”

Amazon Tree Climbing
Ranked #21 of 76 Tours in Manaus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ATC introduces you to an Amazon as you never seen! EcoTourism, Nature and Adventure Travel or Sustainable Tourism. ATC is specialized in Tree Climbing and boat expeditions at the Brazilian Amazon. ATC is the pioneer/first company to bring recreational Tree Climbing activity to Brazil and the Amazon. To present and ravel the mysteries that centuries-old Amazonian trees in keep their hearts, which is 80% of forest biodiversity. We aim to draw attention to it: the value of standing forests, maintaining the balance of man and nature. Our activity is focused on minimizing the socio-environmental impact and doing so we will leave for future generations what we experience today.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“So much fun! Muito obrigada, Amazon Tree Climbing!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had such a wonderful adventure with Amazon Tree Climbing. Our guides were fluent in English, extremely attentive to safety, and super fun to climb with! We had half a day to burn before our afternoon flight out of Manaus and I called at 7 am hoping to be able to make some plan for that morning. Amazingly, Amazon Tree Climbing answered at that early hour on a Saturday and by 8 AM they were picking us up at our hotel and taking us out to the forest. I didn't expect to have as much fun as we did - the climbing was great and the fun and professional attitude of our guides really made the experience memorable. Not everyone in our group of four was totally comfortable with heights, but the calm, encouraging and positive guidance of Ricky ensured that we all made it safely up to the top. And when I was hot-dogging it down and got the gear all jammed-up, Ricky was totally laid-back about "rescuing" me - he talked me thru the tangle and we were safely on our way again, the mishap only adding to the fun (there was never any danger!) I can't speak highly enough about the attention to safety on the part of our guides and their obvious commitment to our enjoyment of the experience. If you are in Manaus, definitely carve out a few hours for this adventure!

Visited September 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing but lack of background informations”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We climb the 40m samauma above the meeting of the rivers. It was an amazing experience. Guides are nice and very professional. Safe equipment. Though it was expensive and it was lacking of information about the region and the surrounding nature.

Cleveland, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“" A not to miss experience"”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had seen the web site for the tree climbing and knew it was a must for our family. We have done zip lining, repelling, and rock climbing, but never tree climbing. If you are in Manaus it is a must. We decided to do the 1/2 day tour. We had just come out of the jungle so a long van trip and a water fall excursion did not appeal to us.It is a pricey, but worth it. Eddy speaks perfect English and really wants everyone to feel safe and have a great time. The view from the 90 meters was beautiful and I really felt like I had accomplished something that day.The other guides were just as nice and helpful.

Visited August 2012
Ames, Iowa
“must try when in Manaus”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

First thing - they care about customers! We decided late Friday that we want to do tree climbing next day. We used email for contact and despite late time (it was already after 6pm) we managed to book "Full day climb + Presidente Figueiredo waterfalls" for the next day morning! The tree climbing itself is just amazing experience, especially if you are doing it for the first time (no prior experience is needed). It is something I would definitely recommend to try even if you have tight schedule. If you decide, make sure that you follow suggestions regarding how to dress and what to bring with you. Weather is not a big issue - in the middle of our climb it started to rain and it just added to fun [although we had to secure cameras which takes some skill when you are hanging on a rope several meters up :-)]. Our guide Eddy, very cheerful fellow, kept us constantly entertained. In summary, very good company offering great entertainment!

Visited July 2012
Halifax, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent guide!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went into the "Amazon Tree Climbing" experience with very high expectations based on the many wonderful reviews that I had read. Our guide, Eddie was hilarious and made the trip fun and comfortable. I was expecting a higher climb and perhaps a bit more info about the surrounding area. I guess it all depends on your level of adventure? I chose the climb for a view of the meeting of the waters...the shortest tree that the tour climbs (which I was not aware of before the tour). Nonetheless, it was still a cool experience!

Visited July 2012