“Good location, rooms need redecoration”
Review of Hotel Bosna

Hotel Bosna
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Banja Luka
“Good location, rooms need redecoration”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right in the city centre. The rooms need redecoration. Rooms are clean, good minibar, wifi is ok (not more), breakfast includes eggs, ham, sweets. Small kiosk inside hotel with basic items. The best part of the hotel is the restaurant president. Excellent food for your buck.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel is situated in a perfect location, opposite the cathedral.

However, the rooms are small, bathroom tiny, and overall it is old and tired and desperately in need of a refurbishment, considering it's supposed 4 star status and such a commanding location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Banja Luka hotels

Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was here with a large group and we arrived to find a city with traffic in chaos due to a cycle race taking place. Eventually arrived at the hotel and I extracted my room card from the scrum, only to discover it hadn't been programed correctly. So, back downstairs, join the back of the queue and start again...

The hotel is large and modern, having apparently been rebuilt following an earthquake. Everything is on a grand scale, perhaps too much so. It is nicely located in the centre of the city, though, and Banja Luka is a pleasant place with pedestrianised streets and lots of greenery. The area does seem to suffer from a lack of restaurants, although it is well endowed with fast food establishments and cafe bars if these are sufficient for you.

So, after an hour exploring, it's time to dine in; our party is in the company of some of the cyclists who are obviously getting their energy back ready for the next leg of the race. Unfortunately our waitress does not speak good English which leads to a lack of the advertised chips with the meal and difficulty in providing the individual bill I had requested (I was paying by charging to my room while everyone else paid cash as I had no local currency left and didn't want any more since this was my last day in the country). Maybe she understood some German as a German on the next table did get his chips... eventually.

The room was fine once I gained entry. And tonight no problems charging my batteries as my trusty EHIC card came in useful to keep the power on whilst I dined. If you awake during the night there is no need to check your watch as the nearby bell tower will soon tell you the time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DaveSodbury
Yesilirmak, North Cyprus
Reviewed April 19, 2014

we arrived very late at night to an odd cold response. not very welcoming. Old soviet style they took our passports off us which really angered my partner.
After a dash to a function where we couldn't find who we were to meet, we went back to the hotel to the al a carte restaurant and had a perfectly wonderful meal with a waitress who was heavenly and couldn't do enough for us, even though none of us could find a language in common.
The girls on the desk the next day were much more friendly.
The room was dark even with the curtains open. I couldn't work on the desk at night, I just couldn't see what I had written on my notes.
Food at breakfast more than passable, definitely lots of stars for that. Attentive waiters who bring the coffee to you.
So good, all in all some really good bits like the breakfast and waitress at the evening meal, spoilt by ok ish rooms and a ex-soviet receptionist.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is its location as it is situated in the center of Banja Luka. Everything else just proves it is not worth the 4 stars it has. Rooms are too dark, toilets small, not extremely clean as you would expect. Wifi is terrible! Food is also under average for Bosnia and Herzegovina. Not to mention staff who seem distracted and not that helpful

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms. They are not that good either but from what I've heard from m...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I spend two nights in this very nice, four stars hotel, near center. Because of all days raining, after job I pass all restaurants and cafes in hotel. They are very nice and big, with very kind staff and a big menu. Only I have problem with parking / small parking /. Rooms are big with all necessary. Mini bar have different kind of refresh. Hotel have casino but I just pass to see / a lot of people gambling - black jack and slot machines /!
I was last year in the same hotel and is better during summer - outside seats, near street and pedestrian zone!

Room Tip: I don't know side but I was in room 222 / back side / and I heard central fan all night, because...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sarajevo Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is ideal for visiting Banja Luka. It is located in the center of the town. Rooms are generaly ok, choose A type of rooms. Food is traditional serbian cuisine and it is not bad. I am reading previos comments and during my visit i did not have any problems with staff. I recommend this hotel based on location and it is ideal for business visits.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
#4 of 8 in Banja Luka
Hotel Ideja
Hotel Ideja
#1 of 23 in Banja Luka

Been to Hotel Bosna? Share your experiences!