Hostal Chawi
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful gardenthe owneroffers great viewsgrown coffeebreakfast is servedla pazeach morningsurrounding areahot watercharliehostelterracevalleybolivianature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Definitely worth a stay, amazing views, clean hostel with hot showers, good social area and great reasonably priced home cooked healthy food. Inti was very chilled and helpful. Stayed in a private double which was very big and comfy bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
ferinointi, Owner at Hostal Chawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Hey! thank you for the nice review! I also had a nice time with you here at the Hostel. I really enjoy having very chilled costumers that become part of the community very easy. Was nice to hear all your stories that always sound very exciting!
Hope you have a very nice time travelling guys!

Hostal Chawi says Thank you!

inti

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Great stay with Inti. He's an amazing host, great cook and just so welcoming. He whipped up the best breakfasts for us and his dinners were divine. Showers and toilets very good but bring bug spray for the nights. Great location just a short walk from the square.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thebrisc
ferinointi, Owner at Hostal Chawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Was nice to have you here guys. Thank you for the nice review!

I wish you a nice trip around South america!

Hostal Chawi says Thank you!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great location, delicious vegetarian meals cooked by Inti, the extremely welcoming owner and a very relaxed atmosphere. The garden is very nice - ask Inti for a tour if you're interested. And the coffee comes from the property's plants - best we've had in Bolivia. We ended up staying several days longer than we'd meant to.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ferinointi, Owner at Hostal Chawi, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for the nice review señoritas!
Was amazing to have you here and share nice moments, meals, diners, drinks and conversations! Muy divertido escuchar sus aventuras de Rurrenabaque también:)
I hope you have the best time time ever on this journey in South America. I really hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The location of this place is ideal - 2 minutes from the noisey town centre and up a flight of steps with beautiful views. Both the dorm and the private have direct views directly down into the valley for a beautiful sunset - as does the shared terrace at the top. A real find in Coroico! Not to mention Inti - the sweetest and most hospitable owner I've met on my travels so far.

Coroico in general... A great little place to explore at the end of the death road (a micro ride away from where you end) and the bike company should be happy to Carry your large rucksacks there if you want. Plenty of nice walks and trails up and around the mountains.

Room Tip: The double is incredible
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ferinointi, Owner at Hostal Chawi, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the very nice review!
I was sad that you had to leave this day. I really enjoy having nice people like you staying at the Hostel and heard some nice stories about adventures!
I really hope yo had a nice time in Bolivia and I also wish you the best time travelling around South America!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed for one night in another hostel as I couldn´t find this place so I can compare it to other hostels in Coroico and I can assure you the other places do not compare. There´s a nice outdoor space, fresh coffee and fruits are grown in the garden, the breakfasts re delicious and the dinners are scrumptous - and makes for such a nice change to the usual south american affair, especially being a vegetarian myself.

Inti who runs the hostel is a great guy and very friendly... I amongst the rest of the guests spent every evening chilling in the ´living´room drinking until various hours in the night, one day we all watched a movie togther and Inti even tranferred my music from my ipod via his hard drive to my laptop.

The reason I could not find this place on the first night is because google maps aren´t great and so all you need to know is on the drive up to Coroico you will come to a tow at the beginning of town, next to the sign saying welcome to coroico - it i the first building on your left before this.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you man for the nice review!
I had a really good time sharing some drinks with you and having nice conversations. I really feel like being in vacation, when I have nice people like you here to share some nice moments and exchange different thoughts of our lives!
I wish you the best in you journey in South America and See you in Germany!