“Magnificant friendly guesthouse, ideal startpoint visiting Theth”

Florian Shkodra Guesthouse and Hostel
Ranked #1 of 31 Shkoder B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

To visit Theth, we were looking for a place to stay in Shkoder to start our trip to the Albanian alps. If you like to get in touch with local way of living, enjoy delicious local food, gather some tips for traveling and meet other travelers, this is the place you are looking for! He can also provide you a nice afternoon trip to see the highlites of Shkoder and watch the sunset at the old castle.

Florian arranged transportation and accomodation for us in Theth. The guesthouse is located just along the main road where all furgeons pass to the alps, so it really is an ideal place to start. It is also a good starting point to cross the Koman lake, which we did to travel to Kosova.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin W
There are newer reviews for Florian Shkodra Guesthouse and Hostel

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed twice in Florian's guest house. Florian family made me feel very welcome in their guest house. I got along very well with those nice people. They were surprised when they heard me speaking Albanian. Florian and his family are friendly, open-minded people. We had many conversations about different issues. Florian talks about his country (which celebrated 100th anniversary of Independence) in a very interesting way. I was lucky to have dinner with guest house owners. They prepared inter alia, vegetable soup. It was delicious and I liked it so much. After dinner, Florian offered a glass of homemade rakia and wine. I had such a great time there and I recommend this guest house to every traveller!
Greetings from Poland!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Florian and his family are really good. I felt something like Korean family with his family on the first day of Albania. The Albanian dinner and strong drinks were also very nice. I'll never forget that. Thank you Florian

PS. Im pretty sure that my 2 friends Marie&Benoit also felt like me with florian in his house.!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Florian's guest house was a lovely place to stay I really felt that during my trip to Shkodra I got a truly authentic Albanian experience wile staying there. We only stayed for one night but we got a lovely meal along with some lovely wine and a traditional Albanian shot on arrival which i loved the family were also very friendly and accommodating

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in April 2011. It was a very authentic and interesting experience. It is not often you get to enjoy the Albanian countryside, and Florian's guesthouse offered us good views, high-quality food and fresh air! My friend and I often talk about this Saturday night in Albania. It was out only night and yet, we feel as though we got to know the county better. Thanks Florian!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent a couple of enjoyable nights in Shkodra, which has some hidden gems (including a semi-deserted castle) to explore. The reason to come here is for the family life. Florian and his kin make you feel welcome and show you their area in all of its raw majesty. They go out of their way to help - for example, when we wanted to go on a nearby ferry trip and discovered there was no easy way of getting back, Florian deployed his lovely friend to help us plot our way home via Kosovo (luckily we had our passports). Without this kind intervention, we would have been in for a struggle and would likely have had to overnight elsewhere and our schedule was too tight to permit that. The rooms - as sampled in June, 2012 - could do with a bit of modernisation if I'm honest. But boutique luxury is not why you come to Florian or to Shkodra. You come for an authentic and enriching Albanian experience. And that is delivered with a warm-hearted generosity.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tigtrick
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent one night at Florian´s Guesthouse and liked the place very much. All the food they have is made from their own garden and tastes delicious. The guesthouse is situated a bit outside the city center, but you can borrow a bike from Florian or get a cab.
Florian can tell you a lot about the Albanian culture and history and it is very interesting to listen him. We were people from all over Europe staying there when I was there, and we had a nice dinner together in the evening. I would definitely recommend people to stay here instead of at a hotel in the city as Florian´s Guesthouse gives you a true Albaninan experience :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo