Butrinti Hotel
Hotel Dea(Saranda)
$25
$21
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The room had a wonderful sea view. Rich breakfast, friendly staff. Big and clean swimmiing pool.
Should have an indoor swimming pool like all 5 star hotels.There was only a very small jacuzzi.
The club and the piano bar were never open. There was no prive beach for the hotel.
If you lost the swimming pool towel had to pay 60 euros!!!!!

Room Tip: sea view room was spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irma76
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Let me start with all the good things about this Hotel.

It is excellent situated very close to the centre of Saranda and just in front of the see – only a small road separates it. The view from our room was lovely – overlooking the bay and with a good view to Corfu.

We had a really big family room for 4 persons. And the air conditioning was well functioning.

There were free access to the Internet in the lobby area – not in the rooms.

The pool is very good – clean and relatively big. There is no private beach for hotel guests.

Parking is easy and safe just outside the hotel.

Now let me comment on why I only give the hotel 3 stars. That has mainly to do with the service which wasn’t terrible bad but yet not what is normal for a 5 star hotels with a relatively high room price. Let me give you some examples.

The room was booked for a family with 4 persons. Arriving we found only 3 towels to be used by the pool. We therefore asked in the reception for a 4th towel – but that was not possible to get. We just took one of the normal white towels from the bathroom instead. No big problem – but why not just give us the 4th. towel for pool use?

When cleaning the room – they did not change used glasses – and they constantly only gave us towels and bed linen as if we where only 2 persons in the room.

The first evening we expected that they would turn the sofa into a bed for the children by themselves – as they do in all other hotels when they know that the room is booked for 4. But, we had to ask – maybe fair enough – but it seemed as if it was a little inconvenient to them that they really had to do it. (Looking at me as my teenage son can do when I ask him to remove his laundry from the floor in his room).

Both my husband and I felt that the receptionists had an attitude as we were there for them – and not the opposite.

The breakfast was not a 5 star hotel breakfast. Compared to northern and mid Europe standard I would give it 3.

All in all it seemed as if the hotel had passed it’s area of glory – and maybe that’s the reason why there were not many guests staying at it - although it should be high season in July.

The good thing about the few guests was that you almost had the pool for yourselves. And it was very easy to get an elevator – it was almost always waiting for you on the floor where you had used it your-selves last time. But on the other hand it gave the hotel a sleepy, abandoned image – as if time stood still.

A member of my family thinks I should rate the hotel with 4 stars – but with my heart I can only give it 3 when I compare service to price. It did not have a warm atmosphere – or an exclusive style or something else that could justify more than 3.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MMODenmark
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed for only one night, in the off season. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool was not filled maybe for some maintenance before the high season. The breakfast was not very good though. The view is exceptional and the room was clean and spacious. The fitness center was not in a good shape, but the sauna was ok. There is internet connection in the business center, but there is no wifi.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank noushaa
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I imagine this hotel is a lovely in the summer. We treated ourselves to one night at the end of our trip to southern Albania and were looking forward to the swimming pool and sauna. Oh the heartbreak of trotting along to a swimming pool (looks divine in all the pictures) to find a total absence of water! And the sauna was shut too. We knew it was off season (22 degrees and glorious sunshine...) before we booked but still expected water in the pool. Oh well, Saranda's a lovely town and we enjoyed our stay all the same. There's a great restaurant across the road called Paradise where we had a very good lunch.

The hotel is situated at the east edge of the town on the coastal road to Butrint. We arrived early and were allowed to check in early. The staff were very professional, spoke several languages and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were the chain-hotel sort, fairly well kept but not really 5-star standard. The bin in the bathroom seemed to have been broken to pieces for a while, one of the skirting board panels was hanging off and there was an empty beer can in one of the drawers. Buttons in the lifts were broken and, returning at night, we found our hallway completely dark and couldn't find the light switch.On the plus side, our bathroom had a power shower with a screen, the bed was very comfortable and the TV had the Albanian Nostalgic Cinema Channel (film buffs might consider it worth paying extra to stay here just for this). The balcony was a good size with a sweeping view over the bay.

At breakfast we were the only people in the dining room (I suspect we may have been the only people in the hotel) but our professional well-trained waiter worked really hard to make sure we had a wonderful meal experience. The filter coffee was the best we'd had for weeks and we were brought delicious omelettes, toast, sausage, Albanian feta cheese, yoghurt and two types of fresh sponge cake. When we asked for orange juice it arrived freshly squeezed with cocktail straws. Breakfast left us happy and with a positive feeling about the hotel. However, there are better value options in Saranda.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClairkeithTeddy
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was actually staying in another Hotel in Saranda with my husband, but went there to have breakfast. The first waiter explained us clearly the price and the "selfservice", already making us feeling like we never been in such an accomodation... But is is not all, while we were serving our self another lady came to explain us about the price once making us feeling very uncomfortable, while eating anotehr waiter did that for the third time... that was the worst situation I've ever been... In all my travels in EU I never occured something like that. Good that I didn't choose to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple