All reviews smoking room top floor train station taxis shower sakura guests location japan
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Since we were in Hirosaki for Hirosaki sakura festival all accommodation was already taken or crazy expensive. Luckily we got perhaps the last room available in Ekimae hotel. It was a traditional style smoking room which really wouldn't be my room of choice but since there was none other, we couldn't be picky. It was a nice surprise when we came there and the room was nice, clean and didn't smell at all. I see some other reviewers had an issue with the residue smell in their smoking rooms, but I guess we were lucky (or they draw the short straw).

Besides the room, which was more than OK for us to crash the night, the location of the hotel is just perfect. Right next to the train station and 20-30 min walk to Hirosaki park (or you take one of the taxies which are always there in front of the train station).

Before you leave to explore Hirosaki on your foot, take a good note of your location. Hotel renamed recently and when we were there Google maps didn't update yet and lead us to the wrong hotel. Luckily a random friendly local lead us a good 20 min to the doors (this is Japan for you, how amazing is that!).

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank WanderGraphy
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I do really appreciate for the very helpfull & kind-hearted staffs especially the front desk staff. They showed their effort to arrange our stay in hirosaki. When i left my jacket they sent it to my next hotel in other city. Location is just great across the hirosaki station. From our hotel window we can see the station & bus terminal activities throughout the day. Breakfast menu is also awesome, great taste & variation. Definitely i recomend this hotel to everyone.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Located right across from the train station. Friendly staff. Onsen was nice.

Unfortunately we ended up with a smoking room, and as it was Golden Week, there was no other rooms available. Which made it quite unpleasant in the room. Very smoky and everything reeked.

Good Japanese selection for breakfast, limited Western choices. We liked the complimentary coffee machine in the lobby, which we took advantage of.

Rooms were on the small side but adequate. Overall the price paid was steep for what you got, but given it was Golden Week, I guess it is understandable. If it had been any other time , I would probably only give it three stars.

Room tip: Ask for a non-smoking room. Ours was horribly smoky!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2017

This is a great location for visiting whatever Hirosaki has to offer. It is across the street from the JR station and only a short walk from the Hirosaki Castle and park. Because of the JR station, taxis and buses are readily available.

The hotel itself is a very nice version of a typical Japanese hotel. The room is very small compared to US standards but very roomy for a Japanese. There is a great great bath on the top floor with a wonderful view of Iwake-san. The breakfast, which as included in the room fee, was typical Japanese style with a wide variety of soups, veggies, fish, eggs, and sausages.

I will stay in this hotel when I return every time.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly service. Great location next to train station, food and shops. We walked to Hirosaki castle today. Includes nice onsen with shower and washing machine/dryer. Breakfast has a wide variety of Japanese and western foods.

Date of stay: January 2017