“Excellent Dining”

Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Algoma
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We've eaten many times at Tlazo's and have never been disappointed. High quality food, beverages, and service are all hallmarks of this fine dining establishment. Be sure to try the crepes with lingonberry sauce! Amazing! No trip to the Lakeshore is complete without a stop at Caffe Tlazo's.

1  Thank ViktorianischesHaus
There are newer reviews for Caffe'tlazo

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I finally stopped by this café (or caffe per their name) for lunch. Now, I am not a coffee drinker so I have nothing to say about the wide variety of coffees. But I do enjoy a good sandwich so I have that base covered.

I chose the "Tuscany" panini. The prosciutto is what made me make that choice. The fresh mozzarella, pesto mayo, & other supporting ingredients all sounded fabulous. Then they have a list of sides to choose from that is on a small chalkboard so I assume it can vary as offerings come & go. The choices I had that day included kettle chips, yogurt, fresh veggies with dip, & a few more I can no longer remember. I went with the fresh veggies. I also enjoyed the other beverage choices in the cooler besides coffee. I was delighted to see Sun Drop soda in a glass bottle.

A short wait was followed by my meal being brought out. The presentation was nice with a small pile of fresh broccoli, cucumber, & carrots. These all were crisp & nice looking. Tasty, too. There was a nice, fancy lettuce leaf for extra landscaping. So all good there.

Now, that sandwich. I chose the "wheat bread" option. It had very nice grill marks. Also, it was more than just plain wheat bread. It was whole grain with extra stuff on the top of the crust. The bread was sliced thin & the meat was stacked high. The mayo & balsamic vinaigrette spilled out with the spring mix lettuces. The bread was so thin as to break apart even though the sandwich was cut in half. I cut it into quarters to make it easier to handle. This is by no means a complaint. I loved how much of the meat & other fillings there were. This was definitely a hearty sandwich that along with the veggies filled me up nicely. So much so that I did not even contemplate dessert so I can only assume those choices were awesome as well.

My visit was quite pleasant with a clean dining area, nice restroom, bright window side table that was great for reading. I am sure I will be visiting again, it will just have to be with my family next time because they were quite jealous when I came home that night & told them of my wonderful meal. I highly recommend you do the same.

1  Thank 150hp
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Caffe 'tlazo never disappoints. Delectable food, lovely ambience and superb staff. Caffee 'tlazo also has a lovely selection of jewelry, ceramics, etc. created by local/area artists.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have eaten here twice now and it is consistently good! There is a sun porch you can sit in or the regular dining room. You order at the counter and the food is brought out to your table. In addition to breakfast, they offer many salads, gourmet sandwiches including those on grilled Panini and plenty of wraps. Extensive selection of beverages and coffees. Very tasty lunch indeed!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place has a pleasant, low-key Italian vibe. I had a good chicken and artichoke hearts wrap, and my companion had a grilled sandwich. Both were tasty, although served with commercial potato chips that didn't enhance the meal. The service was friendly, a little slow, but the atmosphere is good for sitting around and talking so we didn't mind. I think the prices are good value. (We did not have any of the extensive coffee menu.)

Been to Caffe'tlazo? Share your experiences!