“the very best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Algoma B&B and Inns
Highland, Wisconsin
“the very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

have been many places but none better and most not near as good as this one. great setting. great rooms but by far the best thing about this place is the way it is run and the person who runs it. Kari goes over the top to make it a wonderful experience. Food is the best once you are there you will come back.

JOE BARTOSH - HIGHLAND WIS

Room Tip: all rooms themed and all very
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joe B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marshall, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

...to a classy yet relaxed B&B just outside of all the hustle and bustle of Door County? Then come to Waters Edge. You will NOT be disappointed if you love professionally prepared cuisine at the center of excellent conversation and lots and lots of laughs! I tell you, this woman can cook!! The themed rooms are just adorable and very nicely decorated with a secret little fun "find me" in each room...just as cute as can be.

My daughter and I experienced one very warm and sunny day, one quite cool. Waves to sleep by one night, with a sweet wind rustling through the trees...calm and quiet the next night - the lake like glass. Just perfect either way, very relaxing and laid back all the way. Kari will make you feel right at home with her great personality and warm heart. Did I mention that she can COOK?

This B&B was very quiet, never heard a noise that was not expected. Unless you count Kari's calling some very sweet, small wildlife friends to come get their morning peanuts (which you can do, too!!). I don't know if it gets any better than this, really I don't.

We'll certainly be back...already looking forward to the next stay. Going to bring peanuts too, that's for sure!

Room Tip: All rooms face the lake, you will hear the small lake waves all night. One room, the Hollywood, is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Carlisle, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was our very first B&B so we weren't sure what we were getting into. The owners, Dave and Kari made it a great first time. All of the themed rooms were wonderful. Ours was the Nautical. Very spacious and well decorated. Falling asleep listening to Lake Michigan was great. This is a wonderful place to get away from it all. This place will be the standard to rate other B&B's we will visit. Thank you Dave and Kari for a wonderful stay, great coffee and a delicious breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bay View, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My boyfriend surprised me with a night at the B&B end of July, and it was wonderful. Beautifully set right on the shore of Lake Michigan, with a huge deck facing the lake. we will definately stay here again, although they are not open in the winter:(
Great breakfast and the owner was terrific!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

The rooms are fancy, each has a different theme e.g. paradise, harley davidson or nautic. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. It is a bit noisy do to it's location right at the main road. Breakfast is served, prepared by Kari, the very welcoming ownder

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

My wife booked a last minute weekend stay at "at the Waters Edge" bed & breakfast in Algoma, WI for Memorial Day weekend 2010. I was pleased with the email communication with the owner prior to my stay to make sure I knew everything I needed to know about the property. Each room has a specific theme and we stayed in The Northwoods room, which contained lots of tiny details to give it that "home-y" feel. My wife especially thought the little bear statue holding the toilet paper in the bathroom was really cute. The property is directly on the water, and it was a beautiful weekend, and we had a nice lake/waterfront view from the room and balcony, and we could also hear the waves coming onto the shore from the room - which we definitely can't get in the city (Chicago). The property had a few hammocks on the grounds as well as some space to throw the football around a firepit, which we used one. The owner's daughter cooked us breakfast both mornings of our stay and it was very tasty and enjoyable. We did the Von Stiehl winery tour in town (very good) and we took a long 50 mile roundtrip bike ride up to Sturgeon Bay (larger but still quite small resort town). Note: We took the lakefront road up to Sturgeon Bay in morning and it was a very nice/enjoyable ride, and we took the Apahanee Trail coming back in the middle of the afternoon, and in retrospect, we should have taken the lake road again (trail was very boring, more difficult to ride on and no water/bathroom stations along the route so be mindful!). Overall, we were very pleased with our stay, would definitely consider staying again for another getaway weekend, and would definitely recommend the property for anyone looking for some relaxation, peacefulness and scenery.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

I booked three nights at this amazing bed and breakfast in Algoma. I loved my experience so much; I had booked three additional nights before I left! This B&B has it all--an amazing host, delicious breakfast, and an absolutely gorgeous view of Lake Michigan.

I booked here because of its proximity to Door County, and I'm so, so, so glad I did. The other B&Bs I considered IN Door County were on busy business district streets. At 'At the Water's Edge', you are guaranteed a relaxing, secluded haven. Nothing obstructs your view of beautiful sunrises and sunsets over the lake.

Kari, the owner and hostess, is amazing. She made me feel right at home, and I'll always remember her warmth and conversation. And her breakfasts! All six meals were winners. Her apple pancakes have a special place in my memory.

I can't wait to make a return trip. This was a very special B&B stay. I stay at bed and breakfasts exclusively, and 'At the Water's Edge' makes the top of my list.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algoma
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
#1 of 2 in Kewaunee
Harbor Lights Lodge
Harbor Lights Lodge
#2 of 2 in Kewaunee

Been to at the Waters Edge? Share your experiences!