TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wandering Through Door County!

We stopped in by chance to the wonderful little winery. We had a nice wine tasting and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BobbyBluewaters
Maryland Heights, Missouri
Nice place to spend a few hours

Nice winery. They offer a tour of the winery, showing tunnels that go underground. They also offer... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
479pattid
Hudson, Massachusetts
via mobile

All reviews door county wine tasting different wines wine club tasting room tasting experience nice wine sturgeon bay hard cider large variety of wines fun experience wineries satin naughty palate sample cabernet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019

We were there on a day Algoma was having their town festival - so the tasting room was packed. That being said, we still had a great experience and sampled some very good wines, picking up a few bottles for ourselves to take home. The building is very historic and provided a very unique atmosphere for our visit.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful hour of tasting and finished our purchase when a tornado warning sounded. The employees were so calm and organized as they guided everyone to the cellar. Wine tasting continued along with cheese curd samples and bottled water. Updates were given quietly and calmly to each group, couple or individual during our 30 mins in the cellar. I can’t tell you how much we appreciated the employees efforts to make us all comfortable.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

I've been to Algoma for a good decade as a once, twice or more visitor. Yet never did Von Stiehl. Major mistake on my part. The wine tasting ranges from $10 to free. The cheese tasting is $10. I'm beginning to think I was dropped on my head as a baby. You can't afford not to go here.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

This was one of my most enjoyable wineries I have ever been to. The selections of wine here are outstanding. They have many to choose from. Same a few before you purchase. The people here are very pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and great to visit with. I do believe they also have food and a patio you can sit outside and enjoy yourself. I definitely will be returning here to sample more wine.

Reviewed July 20, 2019

Came here with family to do some wine tasting and I decided to do the Select tasting as well as the Premier (not sure if that was the correct name) tasting. Of the 10 samples, there as only 1 that I did not like, I very much like the Red Satin sparkling wine which I ordered a full glass of and enjoyed in their seating area. Friendly staff, although they were all mispronouncing their "Framboise" wine which I mentioned to them. (In French, if a word ends in an "e", you always pronounce the consonant that precedes it). So, it should be pronounced "FRAHM-BWAHZZ". ( Not FRAHM-BWAH). But, very nice visit in a nice setting with nice staff and nice products. I purchased a bottle of the Red Satin sparkling wine and I will be back in the future and would like to join a tour next time.