“Excellent little place to stay.”
Review of Algoma Beach Motel

Algoma Beach Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Algoma
Auxvasse
“Excellent little place to stay.”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We recently traveled to Wisconsin for the first time. We were seeking a personal, cozy, quiet place where we could just relax. The Algoma Beach Motel was perfect! There was always ample parking space, rooms were clean, halls were quiet, the view of Lake Michigan from our balcony was AMAZING! We were able to go out onto the beach at anytime and get a chair to sit in and enjoy the view. Everything you need for a quiet family vacation can be found in the charming little town of Algoma. When we wanted to explore we headed to nearby Door County to tour the lighthouses, museums, and shops. Our family would definitely recommend this motel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We booked this motel before researching online. We showed up and walked into the room to be hit with an unbearable smell. The walls were dirty and the lamp shades were growing mold. The bathroom was stained and dirty. The balconies were connected with all of the other rooms so there was no privacy. I could not breath the smell was so bad. We ended up not staying in the room. Do NOT stay here, it should be condemned....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Algoma hotels

Algonquin,Il
Reviewed April 11, 2010

For the past 3 years we meet here with family and friends. Great times for all. The rooms are old and dated but clean. We usually rent the condo and the kitchenettes. Bring your grill...kayak's and hang out all day! We walk the beach and enjoy the friendly people in town. Love the winery .....
This year we had 30 people meeting there....Great place to make memories!!!

Friendly staff...

• Stayed September 2008
Manitowoc
Reviewed February 15, 2010

If at all possible stay clear of Algoma, as the police force just prayes on out of town travelers. They know just about all tickets will not be challenged because we don't live in the area.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NotSatsfied
WI
Reviewed September 27, 2009

First of all we specifically requested a room on the main beach level and we chose a weekend that we were told they had that room available. We made our reservations for one of those specific rooms as there are maybe only 5 or 6 of them. When we arrived they told us our room was just down the hall. Obviously the first thing I noticed was that the room was on the second floor which is not what we booked or paid for and would have never chosen this weekend if they would have told us that this room was not available. It was a bait and switch. When I told the lady at the front desk that we had booked a beach level room she told me that those rooms were booked weeks ago and that they were not available to us. I was obviously upset but decided to make the best of it and have a good time anyways. Before we were given our keys the lady grilled us at to whether we were smokers or not and informed us that this was a non smoking hotel and that if we smoke in the room or on the deck that they would charge us and additional $150 to have the room cleaned. I tried to tell her that that would not be a problem but she continued to lay into us basically accusing us of this. It was very unprofessional and rude. We tried our best to put on a smile and again decided to let it go. We walked down the hall to our room and noticed the smell immediately upon entering our room. It smelled like old, dirty mothballs. The smell was so bad! The room had 2 queen size beds that looked old and dirty. I immediately pulled back the sheets to check the cleanliness and there was popcorn in one of the beds and the other bed had dirty stained sheets! My husband went to the front desk to inform the woman that our room was not clean. We had made plans for the day so we decided to leave and go explore Door County and they assured us our room would be clean when we returned. We got back to our room at about 9:30pm and of course noticed that one of the beds had been made but the 2nd bed was just the way we had left it with the sheets pulled down. I guess they decided for us which bed we were going to sleep in and decided that they didn't need to bother to change the dirty sheets on the 2nd bed. At this point I was done. I couldn't believe the terrible customer service, the bait and switch and the accusatory tone they had taken with us when we first arrived. We packed up and left. I would not recommend this motel to anyone! My husband and I drove the 2.5 hours home because it was too late to try to find another room somewhere and we didn't have the money to pay for 2 hotel rooms for the same night anyways.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
MIlwaukee
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Though the room had a beautiful view, and air conditioning, the room stunk of old smoke. Our hair and clothes stunk after a short time and we did not sleep well with the stink. We will never return. This was a non smoking room, the owners must know of the smell, it overwhelms when you walk in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed July 4, 2009

After a family camping trip to the Milwaukee area, I decided to add a few days to my trip and head up toward Door County. I had decided that I would stay someplace on the Lake Michigan shore and as I was driving into Algoma, I spotted this motel, right on the beach! I got one of the motel rooms for $99 - kind of expensive, but I was pleased with the deck and the access to the beach. I also wanted a place that I could drive right up to the room. The room was very basic, but clean. The deck overlooked the beach and had an unobstructed view of the lake. The beach had picnic tables, big chairs, fire pits and lots of soft white sand to mush your toes into. The person who checked me in was so nice and very helpful. I loved this place so much I am going to go back next summer to spend more thanjust a night. Oh, they also had free wireless! An unexpected, but nice perk.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algoma
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
#3 of 3 in Algoma
Coho Motel
Coho Motel
#1 of 2 in Kewaunee

Been to Algoma Beach Motel? Share your experiences!