“Fair price for a nice room”
Review of Hotel Stebbins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algoma
Hotel Stebbins
Ranked #1 of 3 Algoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2014

A friend of mine and I stayed at Hotel Stebbins recently and both of us agreed that we made an excellent decision in choosing that hotel. The price for the double queen room was very fair considering what the competition is charging in nearby Kewaunee. Anyway, upon entry to the room, the white and black bedspreads with black ( not white ) sheets were a nice touch. Not the generic standard white sheets that are so commonly used. Plus, the beds were very comfortable and we both got a good night's sleep. We did eat in the restaurant on Saturday night as the view of the salad bar just drew me in. Wow, what a wonderful experience the meal was. Excellent food and a buffet was also offered. Want to give a thanks too for the fact that the house cabernet "Carmenet" was very good! Never had a house wine of such high quality, but so low of a charge. Our waitress said that the owner only sells wines that she would drink herself. Now that is a sign of integrity. All in all, you can't go wrong staying at the Hotel Stebbins. It is right around the corner from things one can walk to such as Cafe Tlazo or Von Steihl winery etc. We definitely would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

Love this review~Cheers!!!!
that's really all I can say...it's great to hear we did our job with you and your friend:))
THANK YOU AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR!
Sincerely, Kristine

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The owner was very accomadating to our needs while we stayed this month in Algoma. Hospitality plus for this hotel and very nice room with plenty of space. Very clean and will definitely want to stay their again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelia W
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for your comment on hospitality! Yes, this is my business and me and my staffs livelihood, but it's personal and my staff knows that it's personal. They invest themselves in a personal way as well, which I am so proud to say. Please know the first and most important and simple concept I want to accomplish is caring for and accommodating any guest who comes to visit me and the Hotel . We love the idea that hospitality and truly taking caring you, as our guest, is not a thing of the past. We are here to treat you like Kings and Queens to the best of our ability:))

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great staff and a nice clean room. A great dinner with a salad bar with good variety. Spent the evening with a group of locals watching Wisconsin's Final Four game at the hotels bar after dinner. Kristine Ruehl the owner, bar tender, manager and hostess added to the evening with her fun spirit and out going nature. She has a bundle of energy and I wish her well in this business adventure. Stop by when your in the area for a drink and dinner from their great menu from steaks to frog legs to a duck dinner along with a variety of seafood. I had the shrimp platter with the shrimp fixed four different ways. If your in the area stay a night or two. It is a well restored 1850's hotel with nice period decor and up to date features. Check out the lobby phone booth. The pool table and game room.

Room Tip: I had the smaller room as I was alone.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Demkeith
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This coming weekend will mark our 5th time staying with Hotel Stebbins in a 2 year period. Every time we stay I am so happy with the location and the rooms. The staff is always wonderful and accommodating as well. You are just a block and a half from the Von Steihl Winery and the other direction, one of the best restaurants around- Skaliwegs. Algoma has turned into one of our favorite mini vacation spots and Hotel Stebbins is the perfect pace to stay!

Room Tip: Get a big group and stay in the Captains Quarters room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. This hotel is an amazing experiance. It is a beautiful old time hotel that has been preserved over time. The resturant is worth the drive itself. The owner is there most of the time and is either making her home made recipies or pouring drinks at the bar. Kristien and her staff will make you feel at home and treat you as a long lost friend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony F
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Hotel Stebbins for one night. Nice friendly hotel, family owned and a great location. Good value for money. Shower could do with an upgrade, no complaints otherwise. Went to nearby restaurant, hotel owner rang ahead to let then know we were coming, very nice touch.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LuboMagic
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A group of about 20 motorcycle riders, including myself, stayed at this Hotel. We arrived Friday and had the Fish Fry Buffet and Saturday we had the Prime Rib Buffet. Both were actually very good!! I would definitely go back. Prime Rib Buffet was $23 pp but worth it. The hotel rooms were old but very comfortable and clean. Very neat place to stay ...will definitely stay their again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We take great pride in providing this overall experience of dining, lounge, personal care by our staff, and the "make it your home" dynamic. Thank you for your review and for seeing an appreciation in that offering. Myself and all of my staff truly enjoyed your group this fall and loved the opportunity to host you! You and all of our guests will continue to see exciting and positive renovations and updates and we are excited to have you return to see them in the future. Kristine