“Love Hotel Stebbins!”
Review of Hotel Stebbins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algoma
Hotel Stebbins
Ranked #1 of 3 Algoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2012

In spite of the fact that my father's side of the family is originally from Algoma (no relatives left there anymore) and I have been to Algoma many, many times as a youngster and annually for the past 15 years, I have never had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Stebbins. Last year, I stopped in with a friend for a nightcap and enjoyed the staff so much, I decided to spend a night there this year. My trip included dinner in Green Bay so I did not have the opportunity to enjoy a meal here. However, I have heard from many people that the food is very good! Kristine, the owner, is wonderful!! She is so warm and welcoming (as are her dogs!) and the bartender that evening, Morgan, was a wonderful, very pleasant young woman. The history of this place is great (if the walls could talk!). It was built in 1857. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. Lake Michigan is just a block or 2 away, right downtown with stores, antique shop, Von Stiehl winery, etc within a couple of blocks. The price is definitely right. Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 14, 2012

that one review has got to be biased for some reason. I have stayed here for at least 5 years in a row and usually stay multiple nights and up to a week. The food is just great. I have never had a bad meal. The salad bar is fresh and hard to find a better one in a big city. The staff is small but so are the room prices. You can't complain about service. I give the staff a 10 for doing their best at accommodating all your needs… My sisters and nieces/nephews also love this place and the food… and the dogs!

Room Tip: any room is fine. depends on how much room you need.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Great food, great service, friendly people, nice bar, love the salad bar, consistency -- always great.

Room Tip: just eat in the restaurant every time we are in Algoma
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We spent the weekend at the Hotel Stebbins and it was very nice. The place is an old hotel I want to say like 150 years old? My favorite part was the pair of dogs that were the hosts! They greeted us, when you opened your room door they were usually right there to say hi. Staff was very friendly. The rooms are small but each decorated with a theme. We ate there and the food was very good and not too bad priced. It is a great location to walk all over town. This was our first visit to Algoma and its just a beautiful little town! I recommend a visit if you have never been there before.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple