“Good everytime!!!”
Review of Steelhead Saloon - CLOSED

Steelhead Saloon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have been to the Steelhead many times, and everytime is great!!! We enjoy this place. Staff is so nice!!!

1  Thank GrammaH

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stopped for a couple of beers since we were walking around town. Very nice staff. Very comfortable place to sit and chat. Outside seating as well.

1  Thank BKW0056
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We didn't eat here but we sure wished we would of. It's a pretty busy place friendly owners will be back to eat. They featured some great specials

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband, son and I had the ocassion to drive through Algoma over the Memorial Day holiday. We stopped at the Steelhead Saloon for lunch. The place was not busy at all, but the two bartenders were more concerned with their conversations than with acknowledging our greeting to them. My gut told me to turn right around and leave, but I thought I'd give the place a shot nonetheless.

We decided to take a table in the back (our son is 19 months old, so we like to try for out of the way tables when we have the choice) and plopped our little guy into a high chair. The waitress was over right away to give us menus and took our drink order quickly & was even so sweet as to offer to put our son's milk in his sippy cup. We ordered a kid's meal (grilled cheese, fries and milk) and two burgers. My husband ordered a spicy burger (I forget the name) and I ordered the "Whisky Burger". We each chose to upgrade our fries for $0.49 extra to the beer battered french fries.

Time starts ticking by, and believe me, you feel every second when you have a little one with you, and we start wondering when our food is going to be up. About 30 minutes later, our poor waitress (the only one working the lunch shift) brings over my son's meal and our burgers...no beer battered fries. She told us that they were making the fries fresh right now, and that she didn't want to hold up our meal. No big deal, we figured they'd just be out in a few minutes....WRONG! My husband and I were both done with our burgers before they arrived.

Now, the burgers were ok. Nothing to really scream about. I was a little disappointed that my burger, which I had requested to be medium, was well done and that the "whisky sauce" on the burger was cold, not hot. I thought about sending the burger back, but we had already waited so long, I didn't want to risk it. Here's why:

The chef (?) cook (?) manager (?), not sure on his title, but we could hear him loud and clear back in the kitche; SCREAMING at the top of his lungs the entire time! Once we finally did get our fries, our lovely waitress said she wouldn't charge us for them because it took so long for them to come out. However, in the next breath, she came back to our table and said that her manager wouldn't let her remove them from the bill, she could only "discount" them….ookaaaay. It was then we heard, the chef (?) cook (?) manager (?) screaming at her from the kitchen "DID THEY LIKE THE FRIES?"..."ARE YOU JUST NODDING YOUR HEAD OR DID YOU ACTUALLY ASK THEM"... I felt SO SORRY for our waitress. Honestly, I think if I would have sent back my burger for it being overcooked, I would have had to contend with this faceless voice charging out of the kitchen to read me the riot act on how a burger is cooked.

Bottom line, we were so uncomfortable the entire meal (thanks to Screamy McScreamerson back in the kitchen), that even if we did come back to Algoma, we would never set foot in hear again. I wish we had taken the time to read some of the other reviews before we darkened Steelhead Saloon's doorstep.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Terrible food, terrible service, incompetent people, mismanaged (well, not managed at all, i think, maybe the owners/managers live in Europe??). Rude people, atmosphere unfriendly, not clean. What a joke.

1  Thank Jeffery H