All reviews japanese restaurant convenient hotel train station bakery pearl nagoya yen supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed therejust one night after we visuted Ise shrine (Naiku). The hotel stands Kintetsu side of the Ise station. There is Ise shrine (Geku) walking distance from the hotel.
Room we stayed was twin with regular size in Japan. Wi-Fi was a little weak.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We stayed one day here after leaving Nara and going to Nagoya. Location next to the station was great and staff were friendly and helpful. Japanese bath was great and we used it every morning and evening to start and end the day. The location of the hotel allowed us to do everything in Ise nearby.

It was a business hotel so check out at 10 am was tight even though we got up earlier. We were used to other hotels being 11 or 12. It was nice to have a hotel safe but it was difficult to operate compared to other hotels. It was just the mechanism. One morning, we had the breakfast buffet. They were busy. The food and price were OK. Just we had had better at other hotels in Japan so it was easy to compare. We ate at their Japanese restaurant. We were hoping for Iseebi but it was out of season so we had abalone and Matsuzaka beef. Food was great and service was excellent.

They had a smoking area outside the restaurants and bath areas. It was too bad that it was not more isolated because the smoke still floated out to the common area.

Japanese restaurant and bath were the best part of the stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2018

My wife and I visited Ise for the first time to see the Ise-jingu. The hotel was only 5 minutes walk from Kintetsu Rail Station. The front manager can speak English and quite friendly. The rooms are spacious by japanese standard. There is a good supermarket just across the road, less than 2 minutes walk, so very convenient.
However, what impressed us most is the food. They have a small italian style cafe providing simple food for lunch, and the lobster soup was tasty. We booked the western restaurant for dinner. The fresh oysters were very juicy, and the lobsters were some of the best we ever tasted, freshly caught from the sea nearby. The lobster soup was made from fresh lobster meat and taste was really impressive. We spent around 7000 Yen per pax, and it is very good value. I would certainly come here again not for the sights but for the food. However, the oysters and lobsters are only available from October to April, so need to come at the right time.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thank kai sang alexan... w
Reviewed December 13, 2017

There is not too many decent hotels in Ise city to choose. A few years back I stayed in another hotel in Ise but wanted to try another hotel this time. I picked a suite room in Pearl Pier because the standard room is just too small.

It is located not far away from train station. It has its own covered parking connected to the hotel and is free for guests. There is a supermarket located across the street. A bakery and a restaurant are on the ground floor.

My suite is actually twice the size of a standard room by looking at the fire escape map. Once inside the room you are feeling that it was last renovated long time ago. There was not a proper closet for you to hang your jackets but a few hooks on the wall. Fortunately there is still a temperature control knob inside the room. There is also a humidifier, though not very clean, other amenities include kettle, pajamas, safe. The Ise station is just in front of the room but there is no noise problem.

I had buffet breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor. It closes a bit early at 9:30am. OK for business travelers but a bit early for me on a holiday. Not particularly abundant food but enough. There is one hot bath in the hotel but for some unknown reasons I was not able to get access to the hot bath for 2 consecutive days. So finally I have to buy some bath salt from the drug store and use it in the bathroom hot tube instead.

Will probably not stay here again next time.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed May 15, 2016

The hotel is conveniently located a 5 minute walk from Ise Station. There is bakery connected to the hotel and there is a restaurant. A convenience store is across the street from the hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and bigger than I expected. There is an ice machine and vending machines on each floor.

We ate the breakfast buffet. I was pleased that western and Japanese dishes were served. I felt that 1,000¥ was a good value for what was offered. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2016