All reviewstallest buildingtrain stationplace to stayconcert hallluxury hotelbic camerasecond floorjapanese standardsnice viewstayed here for one nightright next doorrestaurants and barsbig groupmusical instrumentsshopping mallnice hotelmany choices
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in this musical hotel. The lift doors had musical notes, there was a grand piano in the lobby and names of composers for their restaurants. The rooms were huge and as we were on the 39th floor, the view was magnificent! Breakfast was Japanese & continental and was most delicious!

Nearby the hotel was the train station where we arrived by Shinkansen. In the train station, there was a nice supermarket with an English speaking pharmacy where I managed to get some medication. There was also a large shopping complex nearby selling electrical goods and designer goods. Street musicians played beautiful live Japanese music outside. It's truly amazing. In the shopping complex, we had most delicious Unagi bento in one of the restaurants upstairs. The unagi was fat and tasty. Only gripe was that the small restaurant was short staffed and no one refilled our green tea.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on business, a good clean hotel, although the room (single) was a little small.

Food was a good quality, ideally situated for various businesses in that area of Japan and close to rail and bus links from Nagoya and Tokyo

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed in room 3209 in May 2012. Our impressions were great from the start - the concierge staff are very helpful and went out of their way on occasion to help us find our way. The room was sizeable, impeccably clean and well stocked with toiletries. My co-traveller used to live in Hamamatsu so we opted for a room overlooking the city to the north and were rewarded with a view of Mt Fuji on a clear day. The hotel is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from JR train station and the bus station - there's an underground walkway and an above ground walkway. The underground one is easier and if you go into the concert hall when you see it and walk all the way to the end, you'll see the sign for a lift to the hotel. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a south-facing room overlooking the station if you like trains or want a chance to see the beach at Nakatajima. Choose a north-facing room overlooking the city if you'd prefer to see the city lights at night, and catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji during the day (if it's clear).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night for bussines purpose. It is really good value. The room very spacious and modern. Breakfast and dinner are very superb. No sound from aircon so you can sleep well. The view of city from my room is fantastic. Mall and Shinkansen station only 7 minutes walk. I will stay in this hotel again in my next visit to Hamamatsu. This hotel is very satisfied, not only the building but also their services.

Room Tip: Ask the higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Arrived in Hammatsu through the bullet train on Feb 5 and checked into room 4017, 40th floor, which is a non-smoking room. The room reminds me of the first 4 or 5 stars hotel that I have stayed many years ago, when I was in the mid 20s.

However, before you thought the hotel might not be that great, in actual fact, the hotel is great. We loved our short stay here.

The hotel booking and arrangement were done by our tour manager as we will be heading to Mount Fuji the next morning, stayed here to enjoy the ‘unagi’ or eel as well as ramen, which Hammatsu is very popular with.

Okura ACT City is located next to the bullet train station, less than 5 minutes to walk as well as a mall, Entetsu, where one can shop for a lot of branded goods.

The check-in process was simple and pleasant, the bell person found me a tiny screw drive to fasten my sunglasses, although could not find the right match, the bell person went to the extra mile to find the closest match.

The 40th floor that we stayed was probably 3 or 4 rooms occupied. So very quiet.

The room is simple and practical. There is a message left in the bathroom to inform the guest that if further toiletries required, the room service would be glad to provide. I should have asked for the face wash, which I used the body wash, resulted rashes on my face.

In comparison with Cross Osaka, this hotel personnel served everything with a smile, one would feel comfortable and less shy to ask for assistance.

The food selection was also great as the hotel provide a wonderful selection of pastry, which is rather unique in Japan. Japanese pastry is generally more expensive in Malaysia, so, I did not miss the opportunity to try most of them.

This is also the tallest building in Hammatsu, so the night view from the windows are superb.

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes.

Enjoy your stay here ☺