“Mystery Hole Still Fun”
Review of The Mystery Hole

The Mystery Hole
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first went to the Mystery Hole in the late 1970's while visiting relatives in Ansted, WV. I have taken friends there over the years and it is always enjoyable. The new owners are very personable and continue the traditions of Don Wilson, builder and original owner. Highly recommend at trip to the Mystery Hole!!!

1  Thank electriclazyman

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Roadside attractions like The Mystery Hole used to define family vacations, even if you were like me and now only remember them as the places your father refused to stop. Now that we're in the front seat. I make it a point to say "yes" to number of classic tourist attractions remaining. The Mystery Hole is one of those that made us glad we did. From the crap-stuffed gift-shop entrance to the "hole" itself, it's all cheesy goodness. Even our kid appreciated it. Cheap Grizwold's would love this!

3  Thank JCII
Reviewed August 1, 2013

So incredibly cheesy, so incredibly entertaining. I feel embarrassed to have enjoyed this as much as I did. This is classic. Part of me wants to say it's so bad it's good, but that doesn't do it justice. The people who work here are so passionate about making sure you have a good time. Simple, inexpensive, old-school fun.

4  Thank Jacob S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved this place!.... The tour guide was awesome. A handsome, young guy, about 18 - 20 - very charismatic and funny; He set the tone for a fun and lighthearted tour - I could see this being a boring or uneventful attraction with someone with less personality.
If you get a chance - DEFINITELY go see! For 40 somethings and older, take the kids or grandkids..these old, whimsical, nostalgic places are far and few between.

2  Thank lilsis123
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Roadside attractions like The Mystery Hole used to define family vacations, even if you were like me and now only remember them as the places your father refused to stop. Now that we're in the front seat, my husband and I make it a point to say "yes" to the ever-dwindling number of classic tourist attractions remaining. The Mystery Hole is one of those that made us glad we did. From the crap-stuffed gift-shop entrance to the "hole" itself, it's all cheesy goodness. Even our kids, who are in high school and college, appreciated it. Cheap, tacky fun.

1  Thank Marjorie S