See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2016

We read the reviews of this motel and were hopeful for a clean, safe, cozy stay. We arrived with other family members after a very long day of driving looking for a safe, clean place to relax and rest. The check in area for the motel was "under construction" and very sketchy. The owner checking us in was very nice but was looking after a puppy within the screened in lobby area, there was no air conditioning and she was very warm, the check in area was not at all clean, which had us questioning cleanliness overall of everything. The rooms appeared to be clean and looked like they had newer indoor/outdoor carpet installed and newer bathroom/shower surrounds. The first room we went into where we were going to be staying the toilet would not flush. We asked to switch rooms right away. The second room we were told would take a bit longer for the toilet to fill up. This room seemed clean. The next morning when I went in to use the washroom, there was a spider the size of an apple in the corner on the floor by the tub. It was the largest spider I have every seen. It was so large, I woke my husband up to grab a newspaper to kill it. We cleaned ourselves up and got out of there quickly. The only coffee available was from a 10 or 12 cup maker in the "under construction" check in area. We understood this would be a country-style motel and with the lower price ($55/night) we knew it wasn't a high-end facility, knew the TV's might be older and the rooms dated, overall. But we would never stay here again or recommend it due to the lack of overall cleanliness, the large spider (a guest should NEVER have to concern themselves with any type of insect in their room, safety or facility cleanliness no matter what the price) and the plumbing issues.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2015 via mobile

This is a wonderful place. Quiet and clean. The rooms themselves are a bit dated but there is wifi and cable. The people running the motel were very polite and friendly. When I come back into the area I plan on staying here.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Mum and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and kind, the rooms were clean, the wi-fi excellent. The grounds had a cute patio and porch swing on a frame. The neighborhood was peaceful, and it seemed safe and quiet. The hotel itself is very simple -- clean rooms, TV, internet -- and that makes the price (around 61 bucks for me and my mother) very reasonable. It's right on 60 (The Midland Trail) and so an easy haunt to Hawk's Nest and other parks. I really liked it and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Tselmende
Reviewed September 26, 2014

I went to West Virginia alone to white water raft and zip line. Being a 55 year old lady ,I like to feel safe. I really liked this little place. The clerk was friendly. The room was VERY clean and comfy. Beds have handmade quilts. I felt safe the whole time. Even sat outside on their swing after dark alone. Not the Hilton but a great little mom and pop for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is an older "mom and pop" motel, clean and affordable. It has the basics: cable tv, internet, cold a/c, plenty of hot water with great water pressure, clean linens, towels and rooms. The owners are very nice and the motel is centrally located to all the areas activities. We would stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family