“Great spot, so-so to awful food”
Review of Station Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Station Bistro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I should like this place. Wonderful location at the transit station, just the kind of business that will help revitalize downtown Auburn. Imaginative ownership/management, plays host to some live music and poetry nights. The meat loaf, however (which one other reviewer liked) was so terrible that for the first time in 40 years of restaurnat visiting I sent it back. It tasted like baked dog food. I did give the place a second chance, however, and had a soup and sandwich lunch. The sandwich tasted like it came out of a vending machine, and the soup was almost cold. Sorry, I won't give it a third try.

1  Thank Steve K

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I actually loved this place. I do think there needs to be more publicity to bring the crowd in. The homemade meatloaf was absolutely spectacular!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been a few times. I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt but every time, I'm a little disappointed. The food is ok, nothing spectacular. We went Sunday for lunch before going to the Farmers Market. The gal waiting on us was darling. But she got called into the manager's office for 30 minutes & apparently no one noticed. It took nearly half an hour to get a burger & patty melt, so of course it was cold. No one refilled our drinks till our original server came back & found us still sitting there. She was so apologetic. She gave us $2 off for having to wait so long. Then when we used our Entertainment Book coupon (a book that we paid good money for) the manager reversed the $2 she took off & said he wouldnt do both. Again, she was so sorry. So with all the other great places in Auburn to eat, I see no reason to go back there.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

great food, great prices...friendly service. Nice local cafe, music Friday and Saturday nights. open 7 days a week, 3 meals a day. Tasty choices at family friendly prices.A must for locals!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Located in Auburn on the East side of the sounder tracks under the parking garage this lovely recommended location had a great breakfast. With a full menu, full bar, booths and generous tables for larger groups this is a perfect location. Street parking and a free parking lot across the street. I was there on a Saturday morning but it is my guess it is a very busy spot for weekday commuters. A upright piano appears to offer entertainment, looks like there is a poetry wall, just a comfortable warm must visit location.