“Nice surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We usually stay in Seattle for our anniversary, but there were no rooms available downtown due to a Microsoft convention. We stayed at the Auburn La Quinta and spent the evening at Emerald Downs. It is our new favorite thing to do in Seattle! The room was spacious, clean and comfy. With the complimentary breakfast it is the perfect place to bring our family. We will definatly be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the night of our wedding. We arrived a bit late(like1:30am)and there was no problem checking in. We asked for a king room and recieved a king apt room with kitchen and everything. The room was beatuiful, and the bathroom was to die for. Of course it is a newer hotel so everything is new(that's definatly a plus in my book). They offered late check out (since we got in so late) which is nice. For travelers going to Muckleshoot casino it is close and worth the 5min. drive. I think what made this hotel stand out for us is that here it is almost a month later and I noticed that all the jewelry I was wearing for the wedding was left in a box in our room !!! So when I called and described the box and it's contence they actually said they had it and to come on down and pick it up whenever you're available. Can you believe that ? ! ? I was sure I was gonna feal guilty for the rest of my life for loosing my something borrowed and blue, but the nice maid ladies were honest and said they found it. There are good people out there in the world and I think I found a few working here. So come on down to Auburn, WA and enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Oregon
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I made our reservations for our July family vacation back in February to be efficient and make sure our room was secured. With 3 active boys, we loved the option to get the suite, which had a bed and a "sleeper sofa" in a second room. I got the reservation made and had a confirmation email with all of the details. However, I called the hotel a day before our trip just to touch base and confirm everything - good thing I did!
When I called, I was informed that this "suite" with a king bed had no sleeper sofa even though it stated it in my confirmation email. So frustrating! Instead, we were told this room has one bed only. After talking to the staff at the hotel, I called the 1-800 number for the chain to see if I'd get a different response. This guy informed me that although they can guarantee the room, they can't guarantee what is IN the room. I told him that I can understand that being the case for little extras, like fridge or what-not, but beds???? Isn't that the main thing people look at when choosing their rooms?? Luckily, they had one room left with 2 queens. I didn't want to give them our business after this but other nearby hotels were all booked.

After this horrible experience, the rest of the hotel stay went fine. Staff were helpful at check-in, hotel was nice and clean, and the swimming pool and hot tub were PERFECT for an 11 year old, 8 year old, and 4 year old boy. The pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep and would probably disappoint an adult who was hoping to do laps, but it's an awesome kids pool.

One more word of caution though about the Denny's across street: it's the worst we've ever been to!! Smelled like pee when I walked into the foyer area and not much better in the actual restaurant. Carpeted floors were not clean, the bathroom smelled like someone had been sitting on the toilet in there all day! There were tables that had not been cleared in a long time, and my husband waited for so long for his doggy box they finally took their burger and left. At 5pm, the place wasn't even half full. Normally, we like Denny's but either Denny's has gone downhill or this was just an odd exception. Wasn't worth the 20 percent discount.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nostalgicmommy
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed August 2, 2013

LaQuinta in Auburn was beautiful with everything you could think of...Friendly Staff, Warm pool, Hot tub, great breakfast (w/ waffles, eggs, sausage etc).., free cocoa, coffee, and ice water in lobby. Beds were comfortable and room was newer and very clean..No stains, rugs were clean. I am very picky ( high maintenance my kids say) and I was impressed. We will be staying here again when we come back on vacation. This is one of the nicest LaQuinta's I have stayed in. I really can't even say enough about this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently because my husband was doing an organized ride around Mt Rainier. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's conveniently located in Auburn. Relatively new (2 years old). Nice decor, welcoming lobby, nice sized clean room and friendly helpful staff. Free wifi worked well in our room. The gym and pool are both very small but the equipment is decent and well kept. Free breakfast okay - waffle station looked good but didn't try them. Overall the hotel was much nicer than we were expecting.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments and it was like a real apartment. It had everything. Real size refrigerator, stove,microwave,pots,pans,silverware, dishes, even had a knife block. The loveseat pulled out into a bed. Air conditioning for the master bedroom and the apartment. We also got early check in. My kids were in love with the place. Thanks for making a family weekend we all enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!