“Beautiful Newer Motel!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Beautiful Newer Motel!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

LaQuinta in Auburn was beautiful with everything you could think of...Friendly Staff, Warm pool, Hot tub, great breakfast (w/ waffles, eggs, sausage etc).., free cocoa, coffee, and ice water in lobby. Beds were comfortable and room was newer and very clean..No stains, rugs were clean. I am very picky ( high maintenance my kids say) and I was impressed. We will be staying here again when we come back on vacation. This is one of the nicest LaQuinta's I have stayed in. I really can't even say enough about this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently because my husband was doing an organized ride around Mt Rainier. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's conveniently located in Auburn. Relatively new (2 years old). Nice decor, welcoming lobby, nice sized clean room and friendly helpful staff. Free wifi worked well in our room. The gym and pool are both very small but the equipment is decent and well kept. Free breakfast okay - waffle station looked good but didn't try them. Overall the hotel was much nicer than we were expecting.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments and it was like a real apartment. It had everything. Real size refrigerator, stove,microwave,pots,pans,silverware, dishes, even had a knife block. The loveseat pulled out into a bed. Air conditioning for the master bedroom and the apartment. We also got early check in. My kids were in love with the place. Thanks for making a family weekend we all enjoyed.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place was clean and the management was friendly. It was a good location to visit Seattle and the mountains. Every time we ha a question management was able to assist. Price was also adequate as compare to hotels closer to Seattle.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2013

While the facilities were clean and the place seemed to be a good value for the money initially, all that changed at checkout. I extended our stay but something got mixed up while the extension was entered into their reservation system. I was informed (after checkout time) that we had to leave. When asked what happened to the extension they admitted they made a mistake entering it into their computer but the mistake was made and now we had to leave. Further I was informed that the one day I did get was at a much increased rate (this was never mentioned during the booking) and that If I was not out by 1:30 pm I would incur an additional charge.

After scrambling to get out by the deadline given me I asked to speak with the manager. The attendant told me she was not there and that she would not hand out her number. When I asked if she could dial her manager and just hand me the phone the attendant refused. A general manager that cannot be reached by a customer tells me everything I need to know about a business. I wish I had known this is how they operated before I did any business with them.

To sum up....If there was a review rating here that was in the negative 10's it still would not reflect the terrible experience we had there. To add insult to injury the desk attendant was giving me attitude the whole time telling me she was doing me a favor by at least telling me I had a deadline to get out.

I have to give this place my lowest score. Hope this helps the reader avoid some grief. Whatever you decide I'm wishing you a great stay in the Seattle area.

5 Thank SpectreCGR
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I just wanted to get away for the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised at how accurate all of the reviews were that we read. We are very pleased and will be happy to return on our next weekend Getaway.

The only Con was that the bed was a little to soft for us. other than that, it was perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!