“good food SLOW service”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Auburn, Washington, United States
“good food SLOW service”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have gone a few times. The food can be really good but, will take a while to get it. Even if you order pho, which generally comes quick, still takes a while. Once you get your food that's the last you'll see of a server, and not because they're busy.

Visited November 2011

Lake Tapps, WA
“Excellent food at a very reasonable price, including vegetarian!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've passed by King of Pho many times but never stopped in until recently. As I pulled into the parking lot, two groups were just coming out to get into their cars, and I said, "Is it good?" I got a chorus of "Yes!!" from everyone. It was a good sign! The restaurant is casual and friendly, and clearly has regulars. Two patrons were talking across the aisle from their tables, others chatting with the cashier as though they'd been there many times before. My waitress was both friendly and very helpful to someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with pho. She helped me choose, and then when my pho came, told me exactly what each item was, including the sauces at the table, like the hot chile sauce and the plum sauce. They have a very big vegetarian menu as well as meat-based dishes, and much beyond pho. When I got my pho (I had mine with chicken), the broth was really flavorful....I've heard from many people that the test of a pho restaurant is whether the broth is homemade or canned, and I cannot believe this lovely broth is anything but long-simmered homemade. The ingredients were fresh and tasty, and the price was really low, $5.95 for a huge bowl of the delicious stuff. I definitely will be back to try other things here!

• Visited October 2011