“Best deal around!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Bremerton, Washington
“Best deal around!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I live out of town, but have stayed here because of work a few times. I have no complaints at all, the staff are as courteous and helpful as anywhere and the rooms are perfect. It is an older place but it's obvious the management works hard to make it a warm, clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Al D
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you, Al D for taking time to tell about your stay. Yes, indeed, we do try our best to make this place as close to home as possible. I hope you were able to take advantage of our amazing breakfast offerings and warm cookies and brownies in the lobby in the evening. Stay tuned for new and awesome upgrades coming very soon! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bonners Ferry, Idaho, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed there in late August for 4 days. The room was dirty, under the beds I found hair ties and a cat toy, also there was some of the staff outside the building doing questionable dealings with a not so good crowd. When contacted, the security guard went out there and was smoking cigarettes and hanging out with the people. We were made to feel as if we had done something wrong by reporting this, because they were staff members. Not a place I would stay at again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ginger B
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello, Ginger B. I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience here. Unfortunately, I was unable to address this issue as it was not brought to my attention by you 3 months ago when you stayed. Obviously, as you can see by our outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor, that we take our guests very seriously and do our best to make every hotel experience a positive one. As far as my staff is concerned, they would not be employed here if there was any indication of "questionable dealings".

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Eastern OR
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The property was clean and the staff were friendly. The breakfast choices were the same, juices, coffee, cold cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot cereal, waffles or biscuits and gravy each day we were there; for the price and location it was just fine. The cookies in the evening were a nice way to end the day. Was apprehensive paying full boat for a queen room and ending up beside the elevator, facing the highway, but it was quiet enough with the fan on that we were able to hear the TV without a problem and slept without interruption. Comfortable bed and good shower had lots of hot water. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DirtSifter
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello, DirtSifter! I was very happy to read your review recently. I was even happier that the goal we try to achieve each day was realized. Thanks for the wonderfully comprehensive review of our hotel property. We are pretty proud of the cleanliness and amenities that we are able to offer our guests. We have been told we have an even better breakfast than some of the full service hotels in the area. That's fantastic. Please enjoy the holiday season and we hope to see you here in the near future! :)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on our way to a concert in Tacoma. The hotel was a comfortable distance between Seattle and Tacoma. They had a great breakfast and cookies in the lobby. The breakfast lady was very friendly. The bed was a little to soft for my liking. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank passiongal
Thank you, passiongal! We certainly appreciate that you took time to review us and give us a good one to boot! I am so happy that our home was comfortable enough to call your home for a short time. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Holidays!
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Auburn where I grew up. After checking several hotels we chose this one where Chris is the assistant manager. For us this was the best place for us-helpful upbeat staff, good breakfast, clean rooms and great location. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Auburn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello, L315M! We are so thankful that you took time to review our humble establishment! Thanks so much for the kudos. We love everyday that we are able to serve our guests and see that it actually makes a difference in their stay. We have great pride and are happy it shows! Have a most excellent autumn season! ;)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We pulled into this hotel on 8/30 without a reservation but looking for a location close to the SeaTac airport for the night as we were flying out the next day. We had hiked Mount Rainier that same day and were looking for hot showers and a quiet night. The room itself was great. Large and comfortable with a breakfast included. Unfortunately, at about 10pm and ready to take showers I started the water running and there was no hot water. We called the front desk and they said that they were full up and that there just wasn't any. The person in charge was unapologetic and had nothing really to say. Others were complaining as well. The situation did not improve over the next two hours so all gave up and went to bed. In the morning there was hot water but no time- had to get to the airport. The morning person in charge did take off $40 from the room- so there was compensation. But, I'd have rather had my hot shower.

Room Tip: If it's full up- there could be water problems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MNHiker2013
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Greetings, MNHiker2013. I am so sorry for the unsatisfactory stay you had over this past weekend. Unfortunately, there was no way of knowing that the 3 softball teams that had tournaments this weekend and the Taylor Swift concert-goers would be arriving back from their events at the same time you wanted to shower. We have an extremely larger boiler system built to accommodate normal showering habits for 96 rooms but it can only handle so much in extraordinary circumstances. I communicated with my front desk staff when the issue came up and she is the one that posted your discount. She was not uncaring as she phoned me immediately when you contacted her about the problem. Unfortunately it was not a maintenance issue, but a usage issue that could not have been helped. Obviously, we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction so I hope that you give us a second chance in the future. Thank you.
Mesa
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just completed 60 day stay at this super friendly hotel! Top down, all the staff were so helpful, polite..FANTASTIC!!! Asst Mgr Chris Wehmeyer helped me on rates for the longer stay, Front Desk staffers, Ashley [a real gem for empathy and accommodating guests] and Serenity [saved me brownies when I got back late] were beyond superior in their duties. Terra, housekeeping, did a great job to insure my room was spotless the whole 60 days! Breakfast Lady Gayle is the best possible person to be greeting us sleepy guests in the morning.. cordial, helpful, all positive!! I've found my future home anytime I'm in WA. I felt so well taken care off, I even got hugs when I checked out. Room was spacious for my needs, hanging space, dresser, working fridge/freezer, always fresh clean towels. It was an amazingly enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael V
Thank you so much, MichaelV! I think you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed you! We certainly appreciate all the kudos you have given our staff. It's nice to be able to accommodate a guest that appreciates the little things we do to please. We wish you luck in your future ventures. Don't be a stranger! :) Happy Autumn!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way

Been to GuestHouse Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!