“Excellent Place to Stay”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked 4 days at the GuestHouse Inn after staying at a below average place in Kent, Wa. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were excellent. Nice and clean. The breakfast is above average with sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal (hot & cold), bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc... The area where it is located is nice and a shopping center is within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay. :)

Room Tip: There are railroad tracks nearby but with the window closed we did not hear anything. If concerned...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Greetings, Vchurt! We sure appreciate getting an excellent review from you! When we see these, we know for sure that we're doing something right. I am so happy that your stay was a good one and that we played even a small part into making your summer memorable. Please enjoy the rest of the summer and we hope to see you next time you're in our neck of the woods. Many thanks!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We chose the GuestHouse Inn for our wedding guests for a June wedding and it worked out very well. We also stayed there ourselves (in the apartment) since we are from out of town. The room with three queen beds was perfect for the six bridesmaids. We chose this hotel based on other reviews on the internet and phone calls we made to the assistant manager, Chris. In every interaction with Chris, he was very helpful. He gave us an excellent group rate since we were expecting to use more than 15 rooms. The first time I saw the hotel was just a month before the wedding and we were very pleasantly surprised to discover that from the south side there is a stunning view of Mt. Rainier (if weather cooperates). Because of this, we asked Chris if he could give rooms to most of our guests on that side of the hotel (most of them had never been to Washington before). He was very gracious in accommodating this request, and all my other requests as well. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the helpfulness of the staff. When our bathroom light burned out, a maintenance man came almost immediately and fixed it. The breakfast buffet has good variety and is abundant. We loved the wonderful warm cookies served in the lobby every evening. The hotel is conveniently located near a variety of restaurants and stores. I recommend this hotel highly. I want to thank the staff and especially Chris for their service to our group of guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello and thank you, Linda J! It was a complete delight to read all the wonderful things you had to say about our property and staff. I know how amazing they are...it's nice to see that it's been conveyed to you and your family, as well. :) Isn't Mt. Rainier an amazing piece of our landscape? I have seen it all of my life and it never gets any less majestic. Hopefully you and your guests were able to see at least a glimpse while you were staying with us. Thank you for giving kudos to my wonderful Assistant General Manager, Chris Wehmeyer. He is certainly a force in the management and people pleasing department. I am very happy that he was able to meet and exceed your expectations. This is nothing new for him. Please enjoy the rest of the summer. We look forward to seeing you again if you're in this neck of the woods.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After having a crappy response at the Best Western, I left there and decided to try this place, what a delight. Treated like a real person. No problem handling my request for close to the elevator, no problem with anything. Directions given to whatever asked for in a polite way.
The room was beside the elevator which I had asked for, and I can assure you it was quiet, the AC worked very well, and I will be staying there again. Also soon realized many friends were staying there too, as we were all in town for the same event. I had to take a brochure to friends who also were not happy at the Best Western and looking for a better place. Also $30.00 a night cheaper than the Best Western!

Room Tip: I had room 214, and will be asking for it again.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Greetings, Victoria1328! What a pleasure to read your review! I am pleased that our staff provided what we strive for...outstanding guest service! We do our best to fulfill any and all special requests such as your need to be near an elevator. We also make sure that our Front Desk Agents are familiar with the local attractions and directions to most locations. Is it a coincidence that your friends were also staying here for the same event? I think not! They are just as wise as you. :) I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a stay that was both satisfying and reasonably priced compared to the hotel that you left for us. Many thanks. Enjoy the summer and we hope to see you back this way in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff here were very friendly! Especially the women who was in charge of the breakfast. Wish I would have gotten her name! The rooms were average and people complained of the noise but I really didn't think it was that bad. It isn't a fancy hotel but for the price it was ok!!! Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you DuneriderCA! Our amazing breakfast room attendant is Gayle. Obviously you are not the first one to compliment her. She has been accommodating our guests for almost 5 years and we love her too! We certainly appreciate you taking time to review your stay and we hope that you will stay with us on your next stop to our fair town! :)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The reviews had been very good and overall the motel was fine but I would not rank it great. The bed was very comfortable and that is the most important. The room was clean thou there were old stains on the rug. The front desk woman was very nice but I wish we had a room not on the hiway side of the motel. The motel was very centrally located for Seattle and Tacoma which was great for us. The breakfast was the most disappointment. It was toted as a full breakfast but compared to others we've had, not so much. The coffee was great and that again is the most important. I would stay there again if I needed an overnite stop.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Good morning, jamkee. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. For the record, our breakfast is considered "deluxe continental" which means more than donuts and coffee. We realize we don't have a full hot breakfast like full service hotels, but we offer much more than other limited service hotels in our area. I certainly hope that you will give us another try. If possible, please request a mountain view room...no highway noise and beautiful scenery. Our front desk agent would be more than happy to accommodate you. Thank you for taking time to review your stay. :)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We found this unit to be clean and well kept with a very efficient and courteous staff. Our room was a king and quite large overall. There was a coffee maker, microwave, TV with a good selection of channels & small refrigerator that all worked well. The cooling unit worked well and was relatively quiet. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a split type with toilet and shower separate from the sink area. Both were very clean. The shower was clean and modern with good water pressure.

We had a second story corner room by the stairwell that we found to be quiet. There is adequate space to hang clothing as well as a dresser. The well stocked breakfast was good and included hot and cold items. The dining area was very clean. The upkeep at this unit is good and it's apparent that the staff works hard to keep it up. Nice lobby area with good seating and a PC. The free wireless worked pretty well.

All rooms access via inside hallways. There is an elevator.

The location is good with several dining options within easy walking distance. Small casino nearby as well as gasoline, coffee and convenience store options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rdsaundrs

Hello, rdsaundrs! Wow! What an amazing and very comprehensive review of our fine establishment. We take pride in what we do and it's wonderful that we can create a stellar environment for our guests. Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay and we look forward to your next stay. :)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

After four nights at the Auburn GuestHouse Inn, I can say that the people were great, the room comfortable, bathroom small, and place noisy. Because of it's location, quality and affordability (and they take pets too), it's a favorite with truckdrivers and those in the service industry. So part of the parking lot has large truck parking with noisy in the mornings. Additionally, it is very close to the train tracks, and passenger and cargo trains.

My kids appreciated the cookies and apples in the lobby, and the wi-fi in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hello, CJRM. Thanks so much for the kudos! We appreciate hearing the good things as well as the things we can improve upon. As for the noise issue, it is true that we are conveniently situated near SR 167, which makes for a great central location for drivers and corporate business people, as well. I apologize if there was noise during your stay that could have been prevented by us. Obviously we cannot control the sound of the train coming and going, but we rarely hear that anyone was bothered by the sound. Especially if they are staying on the east side of the building. We hope that you have a terrific spring and come and visit us again in the future. Thank you! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Auburn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle? Share your experiences!