“Smoking Rooms on SAME floor as Non Smoking???”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Pasco, Washington
“Smoking Rooms on SAME floor as Non Smoking???”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This hotel was fair. Check-in went smooth, although, we very specifically asked for a non-smoking room and they put us in a smoking room (which we quickly remedied). The whole floor (3rd) wreaked of smoke. When we opened the door to the smoking room I thought I had walked through a time warp. I dont think anything had been replaced since the 70's.

We got moved to a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor that was neat and clean. Fridge, micro, room safe all functioned. Bed and small pillows were ok.

We were disappointed that the breakfast only ran until 9:00 am. A little early for those of us that like to sleep in a bit. We had family that made it to breakfast before 9, but due to the hotel being full of athletes for various functions in the area, they couldnt get to the food and finally left to eat outside the hotel.

It would be great if they had a shuttle to Muckleshoot, which is why we were in the area. Taxi ride was 13.00.

Was a fair room for the 80.00 rate.

Room Tip: Non-smokers stay off of the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Clean facility and room and very friendly staff. Breakfast was very good value. Location is very bleak with nothing in walking distance. Need to add recycling to the hotel lobby and rooms. Room walls seemed pretty thin to me as I could clearly hear the person in the next room speaking in a normal voice. My 9 yr old daughter was pretty disappointed with no Disney or Nick channels on the TV.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Clean hotel. Just stayed overnight. Large room. Nice. There are some trains that go by during the night. I didn't mind it but some people might.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jspel460
Kent, Washington
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here last week due to a death in the family. I selected the place based on the Trip Advisor reviews and reasonable pricing.The lady at the service desk was very polite and helpful. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I was able to sleep fairly well, despite my grieving for my friends loss.

The next morning, I was able to stick around in the lobby and use their WIFI to do some online banking and catching up on emails and such. Everyone there was so understanding...

Room Tip: I chose 2nd floor facing backside and it was very quiet...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Jawbone Flats, WA
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was here as a volunteer driver for a senior citizen's activity. We had a nice stay. The rooms are pretty standard, but they were clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was quite nice to us, especially as we were a fair sized group. It's easy to get to shopping, the freeway, and Muckleshoot Casino from this property. I'd stay here again if I'm ever in the Auburn area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Oregon
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night in early March, 2011. The location is convenient about a mile or two off the freeway.

The room was kind of plain, but had a coffeemaker, microwave and small refrigerator. The heater worked fine and was necessary this time of year. My price with AARP was only $70 plus tax, which was probably a winter rate. The internet worked fine.

Breakfast wasn't much. I guess I'd call it a basic continental. There was coffee, juice (I think), little muffins, cereal. I didn't see any fruit but there might have been some. There was a place to make your own hot waffles.

There are several different restaurants located within easy walking distance and my colleague and I chose to walk over to Applebee's for dinner, which was very good.

Overall nothing fancy but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Cornelius, Oregon
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Staff was very friendly. Gave me directions to where I was going without asking. Room was very comfortable and clean. I even asked for late check out and they didn't charge me. I will defiently stay again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
No photo provided
No photo provided
Comfort Inn Federal Way
#3 of 13 in Federal Way
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!