“Quality Care”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed February 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 10 nights, because of a death in our family. The kindness and care that was extended by the staff (especially, the manager, Dixie!) to all of us during trying days was incredible. The room was perfect, always clean and neat, with many amenities, including a refrigerator and microwave, and breakfast in the morning! Our needs were always met.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed February 9, 2010

I've stayed at this particular Travelodge during the first weekend of January. This was my third visit here and once again, the hotel staff was fantastic and was able to meet all of our needs. The rooms were clean and the beds and pillows were quite comfortable. I always recommend this hotel to my friends, and plan to stay here in all of my future visits.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My name is Glenn Murtha and i stayed at the Auburn, Wa. Travelodge from late October thru January 4,10. I enjoyed my stay very much! The Travelodge staff were Very Accomadating in everyway!! The staff were there to answer any question i may have of the Auburn,Seattle area. Housekeeping staff knocked on my door each &every morniing to make sure i had clean towels & bedlinens & to make sure my room was cleaned to my liking!! The breakfast at the Travelodge are also very good with a variety to choose from. Orange &applejuices, Two kinds of cereals to choose from each morning, I especialy enjoyed the waffles they serve every morning. Along with the fresh and deliciouos pastries they serve each and every morning. And the bisquits and gravey they serve on the weekends are excellent!! I would certainly stay at this Auburn Travelodge in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The staff was great. Always had breakfast even if you came down late. Shuttle service willing to take you to the store or any place within reason.. Clean rooms, clean place in genral.. Next time I am in auburn I will stay there no questions asked..

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Got a deal through Priceline, but what an awful place! I would have been upset if I had paid anything close to regular rates. Loud trains all night long, not the best of locations (front lobby door was locked already at 8:30 pm when we arrived). Teeny tiny room that was oddly configured and uncomfortable bed....

On the positive side, breakfast was ok as far as free hotel breakfasts go and the place was relatively clean.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
doodle20, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2009

Thank you for your comments. It gives us a chance to better serve our guests. We are currently replacing our beds with new pillow top mattresses, pillows and sheets. Thank you for mentioning that our hotel is very clean and our breakfast is good! We do have a few rooms at the western end of the property that are closer to the train track, but our other rooms do not have a noise problem. Our most economically priced rooms are a little smaller than our full sized rooms and suites. Upgrades to the larger rooms are usually available. We take pride in updating our hotel on a continuing basis!

Reviewed June 9, 2009

I don't expect a Travelodge to be fancy. In some ways it exceeded my expectations-- amenities such as a hair dryer and very fast free wifi were provided and the front desk sells just about anything you could need. However, the most important thing in a hotel is being able to get a good night sleep and in this crucial respect it failed. The bed was uncomfortable and left me with a sore back in the morning (though I have occasionally encountered worse ones). The pillows, however, were the worst I have ever encountered. They were thin, seemed very cheap and provided almost no cushioning. The sheets were so itchy that I checked to make sure I wasn't being eaten by bed bugs. No bed bugs, just really bad linens. If they improved that, it would actually be a quite nice place. Until then, surely there must be better budget accomodations in the area!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank idomeneus
Reviewed May 20, 2009

i was out there in april for bussines trip. i cant believe the value i got.new hotel, very clean,very close to all amenities, lots of restaurant across road, friendly staff, Dixi was excellent, great hot breakfast, easy accesss. quiet area,must stay there, price is best for the same room across st asking$50.00 more. i recoment this hotel if you are in seattle, close to airport.
ruby from canada

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!