“Please take the train reviews seriously!!!...It is HORRIBLE!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Henderson, Nevada
“Please take the train reviews seriously!!!...It is HORRIBLE!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I just came back from spending ONE miserable night at this motel. The property was clean and well run. The front desk agent was friendly and helpful, my room was ready and all amenities were OK but…..The trains were a “NIGHTMARE” I couldn't sleep and I tried and tried…All in vain.
I felt like I was in the movie “My cousin Vinnie” and wanted it to stop but it did not! If you are a light sleeper or need to be up early for a meeting and/or along trip driving I would try somewhere else.
I will NOT be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Shoreline, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

The motel was clean and well run. The front desk agent was friendly and helpful, my room was ready and all amenities worked. I had no problems with the room, it was "basic" and what you'd expect in an economy place. Internet computer in lobby is free to left of front desk. Breakfast was exactly what you'd expect, the waffles and eggs and bacon and all that buffet style stuff, but THE TRAIN !!! I couldn't sleep and I tried and tried.If you are a light sleeper or need to be up early for a long trip driving I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed here to enjoy the July 3rd fireworks they have at the track nearby. Room was OK by Travelodge standards. Only a couple minor issues (bathroom lock, no TV reception). They offer a shuttle on normal race days, but July 3rd was too congested so they didn't offer on this day. Upon check-in, they gave us 2 passes to Emerald Downs (usually about $7 -- kids were free). I also found they do offer Emerald Down rates if you call them direct, sometimes it's even cheaper than the best available and AAA rates.

Due to somewhat thin construction of walls and floors, I'd recommend a bottom floor for families with kids that run around. Also regarding the train tracks nearby, there's no RR crossing too close so you likely will only hear the rumble of train passing by but not the loud horn. Requesting a room east of the elevator should help if train noise is an issue.

One tip to keep in mind when staying here, if you have no plans to use the safe in the room, contact the front desk and let them know to not add the $1.50 per day charge to your room. I happened to see the fine print on the safe itself that the charge is automatic unless otherwise notified.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the train, request room east of elevator.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeanOC99
Cape Coral
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed at the hotel June9-13,2011. Room is very noisy,you can hear every car going by and the windows are closed! The rumbling noise comming at you really is not a tornado, just the TRAIN that they forget to tell you about that runs right behind the property,At all hours of the night. I made coffee the first morning but the pot was never cleaned and more coffee was not restocked. Pay a few extra bucks and upgrade, unless you dont mind not sleeping

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was my third stay at this hotel and once again I was satisfied. I had great service from the hotel staff, who were accommodating to our groups needs. WIFI was a great asset as it allowed us to get some work done during our stay. I will be coming back down to the area with some friends in the next few weeks, and we will gladly be staying here. The service, cleanliness, and overall value of this hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fort Irwin, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

Booked here because we had business in town the next day and they allowed pets. Unfortunately they don't have an indoor pool which I apparently overlooked when booking. I would not stay here again though. Cleanliness is questionable, and it is in need of remodeling/updating. Only one bar for internet so it was next to impossible to take care of business. There is a decent Mexican place up the street to eat at. Otherwise, it was not a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, and the service has always gotten better and better. The rooms have been comfortable, quite and clean. The front desk service is fantastic and the staff is courteous, personable and extremely helpful. They make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.

My last trip there was for a short vacation with some friends. We can be a roudy group that unintentiionally can make life difficult for the staff, yet they were able to help us out with a smile. They were also able to help meet all of our diverse needs, and instantly had a solution to solve any issue we had with the rooms (there was only one).

I recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family, and I will be sure to stay here again the next time I go to Seattle.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!