“awful, disrespectful people work there.”

Quality Inn Arlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arlington
“awful, disrespectful people work there.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed here for about 3 nights & got kicked out because we had a small bag of marijuana that one of the staff members said they had smelled. it was not smoked yet, it was just in my boyfriend's pocket, so the manager kicked us out while we had already paid for the next night that we did not get our refund for after we got kicked out, she also made us pay an extra $200 just because we had that little bit of marijuana on us, this was absolutely ridiculous considering marijuana is now LEGAL, plus the fact that it was not even being smoked. this hotel was an absolute disgrace and we will NOT be paying to stay there EVER again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank gabbeast107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I did not give a good rating based on things that could easily be fixed. Starting with front desk. Very average customer service not living up to the Quality name. Not even "how are you?", "What brings you to town?" May sound small but this is what makes people feel like they are wanted, then rather a number. Also In the middle of check in the lady leaves and yells down the hall at one of the staff to come there so that person could check us the rest of the way in. Very strange. The room was worse then the customer service. There was newer furniture in the rooms which was nice and a nice flat screen TV. However it was hard to look past the 2" wide dust trail around the walls of the room. It looked as though someone sneezed food all over the remote and never got cleaned. The pillow case, and sheets had stains. The worst part was the mattress pad was stuck to the mattress because of someone spilled something on the bed or it was pee and was never changed. The bathroom was semi clean. Toilet paper roll holder had a weird greasy film on it. The back of the door was partially torn off about a foot up from the floor. I don't usually go this in depth on reviews but all these things mentions are easy to fix and need to be addressed. I will not be returning to this hotel, but I hope they read this and improve. Better cleaning, better maintenance, and improved customer service would have made this a completely different review.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ntw0711
London, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice staff, but rooms were quite narrow. They were clean and pretty decent but not spacey. Really no amenities. Breakfast is a cold one except for "biscuits and gravy" yuk. Oh and no elevator.

**No Wireless, only plug in so no good for smart phones etc
***Doors of room were SUPER annoying as the "fire"springs make them slam, so anyone coming and going you could here in the echoing hall.

Room Tip: I would choose a room behind the stairs and not in main hallway if light sleeper to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Whitman County WA
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here in late September, 2013, for three nights. It was a business trip. My room was midway on the south side of the second floor.

The hotel is located about 200 yards off a busy main street, behind a busy gas station and a restaurant. It is vary near the Arlington airport. Noise was not a problem, however you need to be careful entering or exiting the hotel.

The room was as expected: adequate size, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, coffee maker and a good sized LCD TV. (The TV controls were confusing because it required two controllers to operate the TV system. The controllers were pre-set to operate correctly, however if you mistakenly pushed a wrong button, it might be quite awhile before you figured out how to correct it.)

Housekeeping kept the room neatly made up, For the first two mornings, however, I discovered there were no coffee cups, requiring a trip to the lobby to retrieve one.

The heating/AC system was easy to operate and not noisy. It kept the room temperature exactly as I wanted it.

The morning breakfast offering was limited, but tasty and quite adequate. I particularly liked the do-it-yourself waffles. A large LCD TV was in the room to watch the morning news.

The front desk was operated well and was helpful with a couple of extra requests.

There is a slight concern regarding security. The back door on the bottom floor was not locked and seemingly could be entered by anyone, at anytime. Since the door is less than 100 yards from the parking area next to the nearby restaurant/bar, this could be an issue. I did see a camera monitor, but from my observation, the camera is not actually being watched.

Room Tip: Second floor, south side seems best. No elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed here quite some time ago but I felt compelled to tell about our brief but wonderful stay at QI, Arlington, WA. We were visiting family & needed a room close to our family. When we checked in we were offered a room on the 2nd floor. Due to severe health problems with both my husband & I, we had to bow out of staying here in the room we had been assigned. Upon discovering our disabilities, the young man at the front desk could NOT have been more accommodating. He re-arranged a few things & made it possible for us to have a room on the 1st floor, close to the front office which would help us in the morning with breakfast. I was so impressed with this young man, I just couldn't thank him enough. We are usually thrown wherever the hotel front desk decides to put us, disabled or not. At other places during our vacation we received the "sucks to be you" attitude from hotel staff. But, not at the Quality Inn Arlington. AND, as if that wasn't enough, the very 1st morning of our stay on the 1st floor, the young man at the front desk offered to bring coffee to us to our room AND, he helped my husband carry the breakfast trays to our room. The staff at this hotel just seemed to go over & above for us. We were happy we decided to stay here as it looked like it had recently been remodeled & the fact that they are pet friendly just puts me over the moon. We did not have our Bichons with us that time but we will be travelling again & again to Arlington (the most beautiful granddaughter in the world just happens to be ours & she & her parents live in Arlington), because our son lives in that little town & we almost always travel with our dogs. Being from Las Vegas, we know hospitality and this staff can sure dish it out. I awoke to my favorite sound: 2 dogs playing. It makes me smile every time. Not too many things sound better to me than 2,3 or 4 dogs playing. I look forward to our next visit to Arlington's Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Morning breakfast was nicer than we had anticipated. Coffee is always available & is compliment...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bettendorf
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Free Internet is slow that it reminds me of 1995 dial up AOL. On top of that it may work and it may not work at all. I got up early to do work for office. There was no Internet. So if you need Internet bring your own air card. Business center is a big joke. Funky smell in hallways. Front desk staff is nice but kind of loopy. I travel for work, and I can tell within 15 minutes of checking whether the place is run by a cheap money sucker or a professional. I will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rajinder S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here two separate nights and both times on the 2nd floor at the back. Both rooms were quiet except for the occasional person shouting in the corridor outside. All the staff we met were both efficient and friendly. They looked after the storage of our bikes - offered us a choice of rooms for our second stay ( which we chose on our first visit). The breakfast was adequate and what I would expect for a quality inn - nice bananas, yogurt and make your own waffles. They also have nice cookies available in the afternoon and constant coffee.
The only downside both times, which reduced our rating, was an overwhelming smell of ammonia in the room. It took a while with the window open and the fan going to remove it.Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Medallion Hotel
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn

Been to Quality Inn Arlington? Share your experiences!