“Will get friendly after the construction”

Angel of the Winds Casino
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Arlington
Arlington, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Will get friendly after the construction”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Angel of the Winds advertises itself at "The Friendliest Casino" and this casino used to be my favorite in the area (we have three). However, recently they decided to build a hotel on site and my voting has changed drastically. The number of payouts has severely diminished since they started construction. We have moved to the other casinos and find them much more "friendly".

The restaurant services in Angel are quite good with very good, cheap food available at Katie's Kitchen as well as much higher quality food available in the other two facilities. They have live bands and karaoke that are usually quite good.

I can't wait for the construction to finish and this casino goes back to "friendly".

Visited April 2014

Bellingham, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Very nice people”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The only gaming I do is poker, and their poker room is a very pleasant, non-smoking environment. I never smell the smoke from the rest of the casino. The dealers are very nice and a reflection of the room's manager. They treat players they've never seen before as if they were regulars. I've never seen bad behavior and only the rare ill tempered loser.

I food is OK, It's a lot of deep fried stuff in the Katie's Kitchen area. The full sit down restaurant is good. I've not had a chance to sample any of their buffets but I would assume them to be above average.

The bathrooms are spotless! Jus Sayn'

Visited March 2014
Oak Harbor, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spreading our Wings”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We have moved from our home state of California to here on Whidbey Island 14 months ago. Our home casino which we frequented monthly or more often was owned by the local Mi Wuk tribe there. In fact I visited the tribe elder on a lively afternoon and will always be honored by the experience. Here our closest casino is Swinomish. Kinda small and disappointing in ways of no Three card table, no potatoes with there buffet and having to pay 10.00 to enter their slot tournaments is just unheard of to us. So we decided to go a bit further to Angel of the Winds casino which is about n hour from our front door. I fell in love! The. Sodas, tea, coffee etc were all readily available without having to bother the cocktail servers. They had a little fast food type of place that couldn't get any ceaper for a munchy minster like me. I loved the valet parking and coat check room. What a perfect addition to making their customers comfortable. The machines were winabke much more then what I've experienced at Swinomish. I was in heaven! Unfortunately my husband didn't have the sane experience that I had even though they had his favorite Three card table. I didn't find this out until a couple of weeks later. His first experience there was to ask a question about the parking lot and unfortunately although the fellow was very kind it was obvious that he may have been quite high. I think this set hubby off on a primarily negative adventure, reminding him of the casino back home that we avoided. Other then that man. And his spouse I saw no evidence of this kind of clientele being regular in anyway. I gave it 5 big stars feeling he will come around. We didn't lose. The machines paid better then in Swinomish for sure and more to choose from. To me it was equal to anything Tahoe or Reno could have to offer. But since hubby wasn't sold as of yet my search went on. On our return trip from California just the other day we stopped at Tulalip out of Marysville. Only one hour and 9 minutes to our front door. But I honestly think A of the W will grow on hubby and we will end up frequenting it much more often. U can only hope. I didn't want to leave when ut was time. Oh and all the casinos up here have some amazing employees! Kudos to u all. I also noticed live music that night with dancing. Didn't seem to have a charge to it if u wanted to take part. Not the ordinary way for our old home casino. So we now have somewhere to go dancing now lol. Can't wait to go back!

Stanwood, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good food and friendly local employees”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a nice atmosphere inside the casino. We like the buffet in the restaurant or to eat from the menu in the lounge. The food is always good.

Visited March 2014
Edmonds, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Machines Too tight!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Angel of the Winds was once my favorite casino but since they started construction on the hotel the machines have become incredibly tight. I love to play video poker and they use to have nickel video poker but they switched it to ten cents which makes a 20 dollar bill go quite fast. The employees are not as happy as they once were. I unfortunately would not recommend this casino anymore. I hope they turn things around soon!

Visited December 2013